Match Day Eleven - versus Sin Nombre

Sandymount witnessed a changing of the guard tonight. Following TFK’s indifferent start to the season Rocko and his assistant, Bandage, were both placed on gardening leave this week. Scrunchie took on the role of Caretaker manager for the must-win game with Sin Nombre and immediately made sweeping changes. Dropped from the match day squad were Jugs, Brian Tinnion and Farmer (along with Rocko and Bandage), and in came two debutants Ultano and Razor.
Another major innovation from Scrunchie nearly backfired before a ball was kicked. He took the brave decision not to have any subs as he feels they put unnecessary pressure on the starting six and he wants his team to play without any inhibitions or fear of being replaced. However, as kick off approached and with only 5 players taking to the pitch, it looked as if this tactic could be the new gaffers undoing. Fortunately Clarkey Cat emerged from the tunnel just as the game kicked off, although no one noticed he was there for most of the first half.
Razor has waited patiently to be given his chance and he wasted no time in making an impression on the Green Army. After two minutes he latched on to a Monkey through ball and stroked TFK in to the lead. Monkey put the champions 2 up shortly after and then came the moment when Razor showed he is ready to be the long term replacement for Rocko. Striding forward from midfield, he unleashed a pile driver and the ball duly disappeared over the fence.
Sin Nombre then took over for the last 10 minutes of the half and TFK were under such pressure that the other debutant, Ultano, was forced to take his hands out of his pockets. It was only thanks to a great double save from Scrunchie, one with his right testicle and the other with his left, that we went in at half time with a clean sheet.
Early in the second half Ultano matched Razor’s feat of a debut goal, before embarking on his trademark celebration – running the length of the pitch with his arms aloft before putting on the goalkeepers gloves.
Razor added his second shortly after before Scrunchie announced his arrival out the pitch with a well taken brace. He also scored two goals. Clarkey completed the TFK scoring with a cool finish past the experienced Sin Nombre keeper. The night was somewhat spoiled by the concession of a consolation goal late on, but it didn’t take the gloss of a vital win in the battle for the much coveted 7[sup]th[/sup] place.
The new era has begun with a bang. Rocko should never be forgotten and his achievements may never be matched but there promises to be exciting times ahead for TFK and their supporters all over the globe.
Finally the club would like to thank midfielder Cesc4 for his charity fund raising this month. Cesc4 participated in the popular “Nosevember” and managed to raise a whopping €8.63.

Fantastic match report. For once The Sin Nombre talisman hadn’t got the biggest set of balls on the field.

Fair play to Cesc4 on his Nosevember fundraising. €8.63 is nothing to be sniffed at.

[quote=“Monkey Allen, post: 726949”]Sandymount witnessed a changing of the guard tonight. Following TFK’s indifferent start to the season Rocko and his assistant, Bandage, were both placed on gardening leave this week. Scrunchie took on the role of Caretaker manager for the must-win game with Sin Nombre and immediately made sweeping changes. Dropped from the match day squad were Jugs, Brian Tinnion and Farmer (along with Rocko and Bandage), and in came two debutants Ultano and Razor.
Another major innovation from Scrunchie nearly backfired before a ball was kicked. He took the brave decision not to have any subs as he feels they put unnecessary pressure on the starting six and he wants his team to play without any inhibitions or fear of being replaced. However, as kick off approached and with only 5 players taking to the pitch, it looked as if this tactic could be the new gaffers undoing. Fortunately Clarkey Cat emerged from the tunnel just as the game kicked off, although no one noticed he was there for most of the first half.
Razor has waited patiently to be given his chance and he wasted no time in making an impression on the Green Army. After two minutes he latched on to a Monkey through ball and stroked TFK in to the lead. Monkey put the champions 2 up shortly after and then came the moment when Razor showed he is ready to be the long term replacement for Rocko. Striding forward from midfield, he unleashed a pile driver and the ball duly disappeared over the fence.
Sin Nombre then took over for the last 10 minutes of the half and TFK were under such pressure that the other debutant, Ultano, was forced to take his hands out of his pockets. It was only thanks to a great double save from Scrunchie, one with his right testicle and the other with his left, that we went in at half time with a clean sheet.
Early in the second half Ultano matched Razor’s feat of a debut goal, before embarking on his trademark celebration – running the length of the pitch with his arms aloft before putting on the goalkeepers gloves.
Razor added his second shortly after before Scrunchie announced his arrival out the pitch with a well taken brace. He also scored two goals. Clarkey completed the TFK scoring with a cool finish past the experienced Sin Nombre keeper. The night was somewhat spoiled by the concession of a consolation goal late on, but it didn’t take the gloss of a vital win in the battle for the much coveted 7[sup]th[/sup] place.
The new era has begun with a bang. Rocko should never be forgotten and his achievements may never be matched but there promises to be exciting times ahead for TFK and their supporters all over the globe.
Finally the club would like to thank midfielder Cesc4 for his charity fund raising this month. Cesc4 participated in the popular “Nosevember” and managed to raise a whopping €8.63.
.[/quote]

Scrunchie asked me to play sweeper behind the back two when the ball wasn’t in our half. I duly obliged and we didn’t concede any goals while I was doing it.

You also forgot to mention my clean sheet.

What was the final score?

Magnificent scenes. I’m so proud of Scrunchie right now.

[quote=“ClarkeyCat, post: 726951”]

Scrunchie asked me to play sweeper behind the back two when the ball wasn’t in our half. I duly obliged and we didn’t concede any goals while I was doing it.

You also forgot to mention my clean sheet.

What was the final score?[/quote]

7-1

Razor 1"
Monkey Allen 34"
Ultano 56"
Razor 65"
Scrunchie 68"
Scrunchie 76"
ClarkeyCat 84"

This says it all about Rocko. Despite his treatment from the Board this week he remains a staunch supporter of the team.

I am proud to say you were once my manager.

:lol:

Following the change of management and other structural changes at TFK AFC, the club will host a “meet and greet” in the 51 bar tonight.

Fans will have the opportunity to meet their heroes and Scrunchie, ask questions and get some souvenir photos.

Admission is free but space is limited, so arrive early to avoid disappointment.

[quote=“Monkey Allen, post: 726956”]Following the change of management and other structural changes at TFK AFC, the club will host a “meet and greet” in the 51 bar tonight.

Fans will have the opportunity to meet their heroes and Scrunchie, ask questions and get some souvenir photos.

Admission is free but space is limited, so arrive early to avoid disappointment.[/quote]

What a lovely idea. I hope some of the old guard will make themselves available too.

Kylo has just arrived. The fans are going nuts.

Unbelievable night. Thanks for the support. We do this for the fans.

That was some night. It’s always good to give a little something back to our fans and sponsors. At one stage the queue to meet Tinnion went outside the pub and down as far as Baggot Street bridge.