Matchday 14 - versus Suggestions Appreciated

A very slick and impressive 8-1 victory for the resurgent online collective this evening. :clap:

And this despite several absentees in Scrunchie[/USER] (not allowed to play by his wife as it’s his wedding anniversary), [USER=24]farmerinthecity[/USER] (hip/back/meeting a female [platonic] friend for a drink), [USER=6]briantinnion[/USER] (TFK AFC commercial commitments in the USA for Independence Day) and [USER=1703]Dex (knee).

Monkey Allen[/USER] had a very quiet game but was involved in all 8 goals. He plundered a handful of well taken goals himself, had a brace of regular assists and topped it off with the double assist for the final goal by [USER=15]ClarkeyCat, which involved playing the pass and telling him to shoot.

Cesc4 opened the scoring with an excellent strike from distance and had a wonderful game at the back. The surly stopper played his centre back role in the guise of an American Football safety who was constantly jumping routes to intercept passes and launch attacks.

Rocko bundled in a messy goal in the first half too and I think he’ll benefit in the future from my little post match pointers on body position when defending.

I made a series of match winning saves at 2-0, 4-0, 5-0, 6-1 and 7-1 but was beaten with a bullet header at 6-0 despite displaying a strong wrist.

:clap:

Just had a look at the table and fixtures. If IBRC beat Gam next week, the title is back in our hands. To think that only 3 weeks ago we were being written off and angry supporters were calling for Rocko’s head. If we can win the title this season, it may go down as TFK AFC’s and Rocko’s greatest ever triumph.

Last nights performance was just a continuation of our superb form from the previous week. As we stood for the pre-game anthem and the band played “The Star Spangled Banner”, you could sense the determination to put in a performance that Brian Tinnion would be proud of and we sure didn’t let him down.

8 cup finals left now, we can do this.

[quote=“Monkey Allen, post: 797044, member: 123”]Just had a look at the table and fixtures. If IBRC beat Gam next week, the title is back in our hands. To think that only 3 weeks ago we were being written off and angry supporters were calling for Rocko’s head. If we can win the title this season, it may go down as TFK AFC’s and Rocko’s greatest ever triumph.

Last nights performance was just a continuation of our superb form from the previous week. As we stood for the pre-game anthem and the band played “The Star Spangled Banner”, you could sense the determination to put in a performance that Brian Tinnion would be proud of and we sure didn’t let him down.

8 cup finals left now, we can do this.[/quote]
I’ve ordered 8 sets of cream Armani suits for those 8 cup finals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using TFK - thefreekick.com mobile app