Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

The well always got a raw deal…I’d drink there far sooner than I would Croom being honest.

1 Like

Croom is a hell hole.

5 Likes

Couple of estates there are terrible.

Serious drugs and anti-social carry on…I always thought it was crazy people from the city sending their kids to school out there.

Never understood that.

1 Like

Did they not move a load of the regeneration cunts out there

1 Like

Croom bar was one of the best pubs in Limerick back in the day,anytime Cork were passing through when a match was on the place would be hopping.Remember watching Ireland beat Italy inside there at USA94,great memories seems like a lifetime ago now and the pub is long since gone with the legend of a publican passing away few years back aswell.

1 Like

I’m not from croom, I could’nt tell you being honest but that element was always there anyway the last 30 years or so.

The Cailín Bán festival was a joy, back in the day. A bit rough but not ‘townie’ rough. The place is a shithole now which is sad to say. When they moved every bottom feeder out there from the city it signaled the end of Croom as a place to go for a quiet pint.

On another note, Limerick friends of the forum will no doubt agree that Croom will be a junior club by the end of the year. What a shame.

2 Likes

Its a disgrace considering they were senior finalists 10 years ago.

They can’t field teams underage.

Wouldn’t know that. It’s a long time since I played Darts in any kind of competition. In fact I think the last lad I bate in competition was Rocky Giltenane from Croagh back in the Tavern with Mrs. O’Donoghue throwing out, literally, shit porter. A long while back now but happy days.

3 Likes

Isn’t it? I went to see them a few weeks ago and couldn’t believe the team they had out. It was like a trip back in time.

1 Like

The Darts are a great auld pastime

2 Likes

They’re a shambles…they were a leading source of players to both codes in Limerick 10/11 years ago…class players as well.

Its a shame to see them fall that far back…Junior A is now their level in hurling anyway…

They can’t field teams underage at all.

Did you ever play against Barney? (The Limerick version)

I wouldnt play in town much at all mousey.Ive played john part and dean winstanley alright(the real ones).

2 Likes

The games between Askeaton and Ardagh pubs were legendary . The drink driving killed darts in West Limerick I suppose .

2 Likes

Croom had great minor teams from 1996 to 1999 and that sustained them for a decade and a half , there was little or nothing behind that brilliant crop unfortunately.

There’s nothing there now at underage level sadly.

The darts talk is lovely lads but the same conversation about hurling is going on in two threads now, tighten up.
There’s a grand park and playground in Croom with a nice little coffee shop, otherwise it’s as dreary a town as you’ll see in Ireland, I hope I have the right thread.

True and it’s a pity.

It is pretty grim ok.