Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Woeful condition because they’ve been allowed get that way — the one thing Limerick city had going for it was its Georgian architecture ---- It will be nothing but a rotted, rusted shit hole when all those new buildings are dated in 20 years.

1 Like

A few Georgian buildings have been very tastefully redone in Dublin recently gutted behind the facade to make them usable. Has to be some balance between maintaining the old and making them usable

1 Like

I’m all for re-using / gutting what’s behind… and keeping the shell of it - The aim should be to build new buildings that look Georgian and keep them inline with the old… preserving past/present together … but we don’t have those laws here like they do in England… Here it’s about the headlines of 50 new jobs and just whack the thing up without thinking about the consequences … Your stab city kids will be on here in 30 years debating about what’s to be built in the new new opera house and asking why their fathers didn’t save the historic buildings that were originally there.

1 Like

You haven’t a clue.

No, you haven’t a clue.

You’re jealous of our Georgian buildings.

In Dublin?

1 Like

Was that Cruises street?

Ya, they demolished that building to make the street up through it

Yes… well, Cruises runs back behind it today

@ciarancareyshurlingarmy and @balbec used to meet their ladies outside there when ever they were in the City back in the 70s.

The Railway Hotel more like

Two young prudish roasters … Not likely — they didn’t start going there until they were married.

1 Like

I thought everyone met under the clock?

You’re seething now.

Ahhhhhh Ruby’s nightclub of a wednesday or Thursday night. We surely met your mother in there.

7 Likes

Oooooofffffttttt @ciarancareyshurlingarmy scored yer ma Mousey

1 Like

The good old days. It was a little tradition of country folk to call into Cruises for a piss if they were in town for the day.

That’s where I met your mother.