Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Looks smallā€¦

Any other craft beer bars in Limerick?

Mother Macs and a few others have a good stock. The new punches actually has a great range on tap and in bottles but Iā€™m not a fan of it as a place

Is that Mother Macs the round house ?

Yup

Is Pharmacia a pub or what is it? A lad Iā€™m friends with on social media keeps banging on about it. Heā€™d have hipster tendencies though.

Nice job .

Havenā€™t been, heard itā€™s a cocktail bar but Iā€™ve no idea

Havenā€™t been there, but Iā€™m getting a cunthole vibe off the place. Maybe unjustifiably so.

Itā€™s a pub, where Riddlers used to be. It would be a little hisptery in that they have cocktails and table service for them, and also have a good few craft beers. Was there one night and it wasnā€™t a bad spot.

Yeah thereā€™s a little bit of that with it. Theyā€™d about six barmen behind a small counter, and they had the vest and tattoo look going on. A few right posers pulling pints

Cc @Smark

Six barmen? On the weekend maybe? How are they making it pay? Those lads must be ā‚¬12 an hour or more.

1 Like

Theyā€™d another bar in the back part and a fella working upstairs where there was a gig on so probably more than six on in total. It was a Saturday night and it was very busy. I was waiting a few minutes for my pint of Rebel Red (cc @ChocolateMice and other Cork posters) as the barmen were all making cocktails, selling at ā‚¬8-9 each I reckon

Is that where Mary Murphyā€™s was on Wickham St? That was a rough fucking pub back in the day.

I often drive past it and it seems to be always tipping away, theyā€™ve done a good job there.

The Round House wasnt the worst spot pubs wise around there to be fair.

Could name 3 worse public houses in close proximity that are still going strong.

Iā€™d say that place Gerry Power at corner of William street attracts a rough clientele

Iā€™ve never set foot in the place being honestā€¦Stepper Flanagans would take some bating tho

Youā€™d want your head examined to go
Into either of those establishments

1 Like

That you would :grin:

Upper William street is a disaster, always was.

Still known as Norberts to the select clientele who frequent its seedy nooks and crannies. I am reliably informed that if you are seen coming out of there you will be refused entry to the Round House. However bad that place is, and it is a complete shithole full of roaring alcoholics, Powers is a cesspit. The Round House was a fantastic pub back in the day as was Buddies on Foxes Bow. The Munster Fair Tavern had the best Guinness by far.

2 Likes

Its like a horror film insideā€¦granted its at least 10 years since I was in there Steppers - Norbertsā€¦it still does some trade, particularly on Saturday mornings or any other morning really.

Round House was always ok.

Agreed on Powers, awful pub just judging from the clientele walking past itā€¦never went in there.

1 Like