Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Sound. I’ll go by the back roads so :ok_hand:

1 Like

Haven’t been out in Limerick citaaay in months and it’s thronged with Mayo bastards :angry:

Are you referring to the “Ambassador”? That was where the Centra is now afaik. The closed Super Valu in the Market Yard was always known locally as the “L and N”

Finally got around to this at the weekend. It’s shit. They spent fuck all on it just throwing up a few posters and the place is full of the standard uncomfortable chairs and has a tiny little smoking area. It’s badly laid out and cramped. Good range of beers alright but I left after one. That said the place was very busy with people playing guess who and the likes :grinning:. Mother Macs is far superior IMO.

how long ago did the ‘L & N’ (Garveys wasn’t it?) close? That place used to be thriving but I suppose the arrival of Tesco and Lidl changed that. Is the other super valu (Dooleys?) still going?

FFS sake. New York 2009 → London 2011 → Dublin 2013 → Limerick 2017.

It says it’s gone about 2 years but I could be wrong. I passed it today and there’s work going on inside there.

Dooleys is still going,there’s also an Aldi up the Demense across from the GGA field

1 Like

Absolutely mate. What are the current trends in Dublin that we can look forward to in a few years?

Yeah gone about 2 years now I suppose. Dooleys is still going and has expanded the shop itself and parking. Tesco have made a big impact in the last 8-10 years alright. Lidl and Aldi do their own trade but Super Valu (Dooleys) is still the no.1 spot for the Rural & Urban Middle Classes, busy all the time

1 Like

Minus a few years there for each city and it is just the like hipster Christmas jumper lark and many other fads.

Except when it finally comes to Limerick, it is not even wannabe hipsters but 18 year old sheep (jocks, students, etc) who think they are unique and “hilarious” :joy:

Heading into the city this morning, where would ye recommend for a decent fry up?

Finnegans does a top breakfast is it still going @Tassotti

It’s over 10 years since I’ve been there. I used to always call in on the way to Dublin

3 Likes

I was hoping for something in the city :grimacing:

The Buttery on Bedford Row.

1 Like

This gets my vote as well,
The green yard cafe at punches is decent if your passing, Hook and ladder is nice as well

There must have been some high jinx at the 8pm one

They should go join opus dei

It’s a gay bar these lads are gagging for.