Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Breaking news: Ivan of Ivan’s has croaked.

How old was he?

RIP Ivan.

Radio said he had the shop for 38 years, he must have been a young fella starting that up, Ivan’s was a great shop when I moved to limerick first and lived on the NCR, Mac’s off licence on the Ennis Road was fabulous as well, lots of places caught up in the meantime

He was 71 and a diabetic I’m reliably informed.

Ivan’s was a pure luxury shop, you had to have a few bob to shop there. We’d sometimes be allowed in on match days at the Gaelic grounds where I might be allowed by a packet of crisps when I was a small fella. It just went bust all of a shop as soon as the recession hit.

To an extent but it sold everything back then as well as the ‘fancy’ items, they had nice bread and cakes and they pioneered the shop carvery, I often picked up the Sunday dinner there when I moved too far away from the mammy.

Adare is going to cost JP another few quid

Wonder who the prime suspect for this would be …

2 Likes

All I’m saying is I was sent a picture of a forumite drinking pints early in the day yesterday.

Heard last week that a four ball is to cost 2000.

No plebs allowed from now on

The prior members are watching carefully. Expect them to get 7am tee times

Is there really a sustainable market for those kind of rates?

There’s only so many yanks you can milk.

Call it Sandy Lane East

Sandy Lane is in Barbados though.
Getting soaked to the skin by a “fresh” March shower might not be as appealing an option for €2000.

1 Like

According to this article it would make it the most expensive golf course in the World for a round

I’m in the Castle!

In Adare too…

1 Like