Menezes jury rejects police claim of lawful killing

Menezes jury rejects police claim of lawful killing

[quote=“The Independent”]
By Tom Morgan and Margaret Davis, PA
Friday, 12 December 2008

A jury rejected the police account of the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes as the Brazilian’s family branded his inquest a “whitewash”.

After returning an open verdict today, the 10 jurors rejected a string of claims made by officers about the events leading up to Mr de Menezes being killed.

In a damning indictment, they dismissed claims by firearms officer C12 that he shouted “armed police” before opening fire.

The jury also disputed that 27-year-old Mr de Menezes had walked towards officers before he was killed.

The jurors concluded that six police failings caused or contributed to the innocent man’s death.

Firearms officers shot Mr de Menezes at Stockwell Tube station in south London on July 22, 2005, after mistaking him for failed suicide bomber Hussain Osman.

As the jury returned its verdict after its sixth day of deliberations, the Menezes family accused coroner Sir Michael Wright of “presiding over a complete whitewash”.

In a stinging attack on the coroner, they said he “failed on every count” during proceedings.

A family statement, released through the Justice4Jean campaign group, said: "After three months of evidence, 100 witnesses and millions of pounds, the coroner, Sir Michael Wright, has presided over a complete whitewash.

“He has failed on every count of the purpose of an inquest investigation.”[/QUOTE]

This is about half the article from the independent. Surprise, surprise the British establishment decide to cover up another murder by their own security forces.

Appears to be an utter disgrace.

Reminiscent of the SAS’s unlawful killing* of the Gibralter Three. No warning given just executed with their hands in the air. This guy was given no chance. Even if he had been a terrorist he should have been given an opportunity to surrender, the fact that he was completely innocent makes it even more dispicable.

*European Court of Human Rights

They are a corrupt pack of fuckers and they always have been. This was the most sickening quote of the whole article:

Chief Inspector Martin Rush, a senior firearms instructor who led the pair’s training, said: “They should be admired but they are actually being vilified and I think that is dreadfully unfortunate.”

In another piece he’s talking about how impressed he is with how quickly they acted. What a cunt.

What happened this poor man sickens me to the core. I know his family are suffering now but I hope some day they’ll get justice. Hopefully, when they do they’ll be able to fondly remember their brother and son instead of having to concentrate all their energies on fighting corrupt murdering scum.

The UK police are a disgrace and always have been, I know one or two Garda branch men who saw at first hand what they were at over there and it turned their stomach - for those who don’t know let you be in no doubt, the British policeman will lie, threaten, perjure or do whatever it takes to get out of a sticky situation, this has never been as illustrated as it was in this Jean Charles de Menezes case.

Be it Jean Charles de Menezes, Diarmuid O’Neill, Mairead Farrell or whoever, there is still very much the ethos of Gerald Bryce Ferguson Smyth running through the ‘security forces’ of Great Britain. The words of that notorious thug spoken 85 year ago sadly still ring true even today it seems…

“If the persons approaching carry their hands in their pockets or are in any way suspicious looking, shoot them down. You may make mistakes occasionally and innocent persons may be shot, but that cannot be helped and you are bound to get the right persons sometimes. The more you shoot the better I will like you; and I assure you that no policeman will get into trouble for shooting any man and I will guarantee that your names will not be given at the inquest”

This could be an interesting one to follow. The bolded pieces below should raise a few eyebrows.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0805/breaking16.html

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPPC) in Britain is investigating a shooting in north London on last night in which a man was killed and a police officer was injured.

An IPPC spokesman said he understood that the dead man had been shot by police at the scene in Ferry Lane, Tottenham Hale at 6.15 pm.

“Although it’s not known for certain at this stage, we believe the officer was shot first,” the spokesman said.

“We do not know the order the shots were fired. We understand that shots were fired by both parties but we haven’t got all the details as yet.”

Media reports said the injured officer suffered gun shot wounds and was taken to hospital. The officer has subsequently been discharged from hospital.

The Metropolitan Police would not confirm if the dead man had been shot by a police officer.
The incident had been referred to the IPCC by the Metropolitan Police’s professional standards department and independent investigators had been sent to the scene.

:smiley:

If the police didn’t do it then who did? I think we would have heard about a guy firing a gun about the place at this stage.