Michael Meehan

[quote=ā€œGaillimharaisā€]It was a good one alright. First match being the best game of football I ever seen in my life.

Strange thing is only O 'Sullivan and Sheehan (who was playing in goal) made it playing for Kerry while there must be about 10 of the Jarlathā€™s team who have had senior intercounty experience. We also had James Kavanagh of Kildare playing midfield for us that year too.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/college-classics-right-up-there-with-best-of-them-1265472.html[/quote]

It looks like he should have stayed there.:smiley:

[quote=ā€œGaillimharaisā€]It was a good one alright. First match being the best game of football I ever seen in my life.

Strange thing is only O 'Sullivan and Sheehan (who was playing in goal) made it playing for Kerry while there must be about 10 of the Jarlathā€™s team who have had senior intercounty experience. We also had James Kavanagh of Kildare playing midfield for us that year too.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-football/college-classics-right-up-there-with-best-of-them-1265472.html[/quote]

I guess Kerry can afford to lose a few more than most.

Iā€™m sure his 3 All Ireland medals cheer him up Kevā€¦

Iā€™m a huge fan of Mikey meehan too but pace is something he is not blessed with. On harder grounds against quick defenders he can struggle at times. Some goalscorer and freetaker too.

Neither is Gooch, or Stevie McDonell. But what they do have is brilliant movement and they can also make room very easily.

He has 2 iā€™d say, both as a sub from what i remember. But he was definitely being carried for his free taking.

Worse footballer than Sheehan have been carried for their freetaking.

He has 3 by the way. He started in 07, scoring 2 points against Cork, you might forget that game thoughā€¦

Came on as a sub in 06.

He has one from 2004 also.

Similar thing came out of the 1994 All-Ireland Minor Final between the counties. Despite winning, Kerry got nobody from that team - in fact the I think the only lad who played senior inter-county was Bryan Murphy who played as a back-up keeper for Dublin of all teams (came on as a sub when Cluxton was sent off against Armagh in '03). Galway got Joyce, Donnellan, Declan Meehan and about five or six others from their team - but not ā€œScanā€ Concannon who Im sure Gaillimh will tell us a bit more about.

John Concannon, fucking hell, thereā€™s a name from the pastā€¦

Meehanā€™s movement isnt a patch on those two and he is completely left sided. I hope Galway come good this year but still no midfield ball winner or grit at centre back afaik.

Michael Mee is good

A truly great minor - up there as a minor legend with Beano.:smiley:

Boxty - our lad is the best player I have seen to mark Meehan. Did he ever score more than one or two points off him?

Agreed there Farmer. Meehan is undoubtably a good footballer - itā€™s just that full backs the quality of our lad are nowhere else to be found.
Joyce is playing ā€œquare wellā€ this year, ghosting up beside the ball carrier and creating space and overlaps. The proof will out on Connacht Final day - I hope itā€™s in the Hyde - rub it into the natives likeā€¦:smiley:

I donā€™t agree at all with that, but there you go.
He hasnā€™t great movement, he hasnā€™t great speed, fuck it, Galway should just drop him.
I donā€™t know who the lads are on about from Leitrim, but he sure has taken the likes of Tom Oā€™ Sullivan and Marc Oā€™ Se on the run around in the last 12 months, and a few others besides.

Beano got an All Star Nom, 2 U21 Leinster medals, a Senior Leinster Medal and travelled on an All Star trip.

Concannon wouldnt tie his laces.

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]Beano got an All Star Nom, 2 U21 Leinster medals, a Senior Leinster Medal and travelled on an All Star trip.

Concannon wouldnt tie his laces.[/quote]

But that was after Minor, i think he was just saying Minor.

I must say I have always thought that Tomas O Se of kerry is probably the most underrated footballer in the countryā€¦

For me Sean Cavanagh is the best aroundā€¦

They wouldnā€™t be fit to carry the great manā€™s kit-bag.

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]
Concannon wouldnt tie his laces.[/quote]

He, Beano, could have done with somebody to tie them then about a month ago in a S.E. town about 6 p.m. on a Friday evening.:eek: