Minks,Stoats,Weasels and Tipp animals etc

Whats going on with these fuckers,it was very rare to spot one of the above around my area in the past,you might see one every few Years or so but lately ive been spotting them all over the place here in Kilkenny,often a couple of miles from rivers or streams too.Theyre horrible looking cunts,it must be something to do with our new shit rainy climate or something.

Plenty of weasels around Tallaght.

do they all have red helemts on link?

If all the people who went ā€œminkā€ hunting actually hunted minks then they might make some in roads into the problem.

Iā€™ve never encountered them while fishing, but I have heard plenty of stories from other lads who were attacked by the little fookers trying to steal their catch.

Everyone knows Kilkenny is full of weasels, is it only now youā€™re noticing??

A mate of mine traps mink then uses them to ā€˜check his terriers for pluckā€™ as he says. :rolleyes: He gets a six inch wide bit of pipe about a foot and a half long and digs it into the side of a river bank and puts a fishā€™s head at the bottom. The little fcuker is trapped then below. He then has his own gladiatorial games in his back yard.

You couldnā€™t kill enough of those mink, they have the rivers raped of moor hens and the rest. I know a lad who lost 200 ducklings in a night to a mink. Another fine mess those tree huggers left behind them.

I didnā€™t think we had any Weasels in Ireland?

[quote=ā€œSHANNONSIDER**ā€]A mate of mine traps mink then uses them to ā€˜check his terriers for pluckā€™ as he says. :guns: He gets a six inch wide bit of pipe about a foot and a half long and digs it into the side of a river bank and puts a fishā€™s head at the bottom. The little fcuker is trapped then below. He then has his own gladiatorial games in his back yard.
[/QUOTE]

Used to try that to trap pine martens. No go though. We had to get a bit more inventive about it and design our own traps. Terrible bastards altogether. Killed six lambs on us one year and they hadnā€™t a bird or a rabbit left in the place. The amount of young fox cubs starving to death was criminal as well. Something had to be done about them and so it was. Fuck the preservation orders. Weā€™d rather preserve what we already have.

I remember years ago we had a hen house - must have been about 30 of them in there. It was a wild night, in came a mink, and slaughtered all 30 of them. We never heard a thing.

Cunts of yokes they are.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]I remember years ago we had a hen house - must have been about 30 of them in there. It was a wild night, in came a mink, and slaughtered all 30 of them. We never heard a thing.

Cunts of yokes they are.[/QUOTE]

Same happened one of the lads, mink got into the hen house, his Labrador cornered it and the mink jumped straight into the labs face, bit it and took off.

ā€œWeaseling out of things is what seperates us from the animalsā€¦Apart from the weaselā€

minks,foxes, should all be shot on site then burned,fuckers

And donā€™t call my second-in-command an arse-faced weasel.

A weasel-faced arse actually.

Same thing.

Well no itā€™s not. Gareth would you rather have a face like an arse or a face like a weasel?

A weasel probably.

What is a mink?

A right fucker of a yoke

Poor under educated Bandage.

Lots of minks in Tuam so there is. Too many even. Plenty of the fuckers up in Dublin too though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mink

There are two living species of mink: the American Mink and the European Mink. The extinct Sea Mink is related to the American Mink, but was much larger. All three species of mink are dark-colored, semi-aquatic, carnivorous mammals of the family Mustelidae, which also includes the weasels and the otters. The American Mink is larger, and more adaptable than the European Mink. It is sometimes possible to distinguish between the European and American mink species; a European Mink always has a large white patch on its upper lip, while the American species sometimes does not. Thus, any mink without such a patch can be identified with certainty as an American Mink, but an individual with a patch cannot be certainly identified without looking at the skeleton.

The American Minkā€™s fur has been highly prized for its use in clothing, with hunting giving way to farming. Its treatment has also been a focus of animal rights and animal welfare[1] activism. American Mink have found their way into the wild in Europe (including Great Britain) and South America, after being released from mink farms by animal rights activists or otherwise escaping from captivity[2]. They are believed by some to have contributed to the decline of the less hardy European Mink through competition (though not through hybridization ā€“ native European mink are in fact closer to cats than to their North American cousins).[3] Trapping is used to control or eliminate feral American Mink populations.[4]

Mink oil is used in some medical products and cosmetics, as well as to treat, preserve and waterproof leather.

http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/var/news/storage/images/hunting/fur_harvest/furbearer_gallery/mink_mustela_vison/11756-2-eng-US/mink_mustela_vison_imagelarge.jpg[quote=ā€œBandageā€]What is a mink?[/QUOTE]

isnt he a grand looking fella