Minks,Stoats,Weasels and Tipp animals etc

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=84426&rendTypeId=4

One of the fookers attacked me when I was a young lad and had just landed a 3/4pound brown trout. Frightened the living shit outa me. Ran like fook with the rod and fish in hand and proceeded to blow the balls off myself trying to jump an electric fence.

:rolleyes:

Youā€™ve been in some scrapesā€¦

I used to see a lot of otters on the Slaney when I was fishing there growing up. All the travellers used to tell me to put coals in my waders in case they tried to bite me, as they wouldnā€™t release until they heard a bone snapping (the otters, not the travellers). Fucking stupid idea if you ask me, terribly uncomfortable.

Have to say I never had any problems with them , beautiful animals. Iā€™d chuck them the odd sprat.

Swans on the other hand. Those fuckers used to land en masse right in front of where I was casting and start their swan intimidation routine. Nasty bastards.

Where were you landing a 4 pound brownie?

Arseholiooooooooo

Iā€™d say it was a 3/4 lb as in three quarters.

What kinda damage would otters do? Is it along the same lines as the mink?

Babbalapadoo

as wet as an otters pocket

Unfortunetly I never landed or saw a 4pound brownie ever. Read it again Fitzy, a three quarter pound brown I landed. Biggest I ever caught on the local river at home was a pound and a half, always with a worm and a weight only.
I had no lead for a weight onetime so tied a new fence nail to it(canā€™t think of the proper name the U shaped nails)and used to catch a heap of trout with that.
I reckon it was because the nail was so shiny in the water it attracted them to the area in the first place.

[quote=ā€œballoobasluvsbeerā€]Unfortunetly I never landed or saw a 4pound brownie ever. Read it again Fitzy, a three quarter pound brown I landed. Biggest I ever caught on the local river at home was a pound and a half, always with a worm and a weight only.
I had no lead for a weight onetime so tied a new fence nail to it(canā€™t think of the proper name the U shaped nails)and used to catch a heap of trout with that.
I reckon it was because the nail was so shiny in the water it attracted them to the area in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Staple

[quote=ā€œballoobasluvsbeerā€]Unfortunetly I never landed or saw a 4pound brownie ever. Read it again Fitzy, a three quarter pound brown I landed. Biggest I ever caught on the local river at home was a pound and a half, always with a worm and a weight only.
I reckon it was because the nail was so shiny in the water it attracted them to the area in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I caught a 2.5lb brown trout under Ballygallon stud in Inistioge with a bubble and flies at around 10pm one Summers night in 1992,
it was almost dark and he was only a foot from the bank when i hooked into him,he looked about 6lb compared with two others id caught earlier,those were the days i hadnt a trouble in the world.

[quote=ā€œTHE LINK WALSHā€]I caught a 2.5lb brown trout under Ballygallon stud in Inistioge with a bubble and flies at around 10pm one Summers night in 1992,
it was almost dark and he was only a foot from the bank when i hooked into him,he looked about 6lb compared with two others id caught earlier,those were the days i hadnt a trouble in the world.[/QUOTE]

Bubble and fly is the only way to fish. Also the peace and relaxation of regular fly fishing but without the hassle. :mad:

Iā€™d love to be going fishing tonight. Might have to do with a few :mad: instead

Iā€™m going to go fishing tonight and catch a mink. Iā€™ll put it in a box and post it up to Flano, then when he opens the box the starving mink will jump out and bite his face off.

This gonna be great.

[quote=ā€œThe Runtā€]Iā€™m going to go fishing tonight and catch a mink. Iā€™ll put it in a box and post it up to Flano, then when he opens the box the starving mink will jump out and bite his face off.

This gonna be great.[/QUOTE]

Good plan,a bit harsh maybe but a good plan all the same:thumbsup:

Ya, a bit harsh on the mink alright having to look at one of the Hawaiian shirts but itā€™ll be worth it.

Flano might get a quick look at some quality fashion before his face comes off. Say what you like about the mink but heā€™s a snappy dresser.

Turfmunchers talking about fashion to me, Flano aka ā€œThe Guru of Styleā€. Get out of it.

they spend their free time slopping out horse shit - i wouldnt listen to anything they have to say