Missing Women in Ireland

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1126411, member: 183”]Why deliberately kill somebody when you can just lock them up for the rest of their lives?

What’s the third world (I believe “The South” is the politically correct term these days) got to do with it?[/QUOTE]

Well, one issue is the cost to the taxpayer.

Why ask the hard working people of Ireland to pay the bones of 100k a year to keep these people alive?

[QUOTE=“glasagusban, post: 1126417, member: 1533”]I don’t think they deserve to live.

The south? What about the developing nations in the south that aren’t third world? It’s to do with the dignity of human life notion, we don’t give much of a fuck about the dignity of their lives. Life really isnt as sacred as some would like to believe.

Anyway I think there is a lot of lack in that philosophical argument against the death penalty. But the other line about justice being fallible is open and shut, that’s the reason I’d be against the death penalty.[/QUOTE]
“The South” is widely used non-literal term in the field of liberal arts education and I only used it for lampooning purposes, but hey, what the hell.

The argument is a very simple one. It’s that to deliberately kill a prisoner is, well, wrong.

But, sure what would I know. I’m only a bleeding heart lefty liberal. Seems like it’s rather uncool to be one these days, but I wouldn’t worry about that. Coolness is overrated. They’ll be calling people a square if you’re not in favour of the electric chair, next.

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1126401, member: 183”]Can we take this on a case by case basis as to whether the following people should be executed, and can we please suggest methods by which an execution would be carried out if so?

The murderer of Michaela Harte (if ever caught)
Graham Dwyer
David Ervine (if he was still alive)
Gusty Spence (if he was still alive)
Lenny Murphy (if he was still alive)
Ratko Mladic
The gunmen from the Kingsmills massacre
Adrian Bayley (murdered Jill Meagher)
Mark Chapman
Joe O’Reilly
Brian Kearney
Dessie O’Hare
Catherne Nevin
The Mulhall sisters
Malcolm McArthur
Brian Meehan
Stan “Tookie” Williams (were he still alive)[/QUOTE]

That’s a decent squad, mate. What positions would they line out in? Obviously the murderer of Michaela Harte could play the ghost no.9…

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1126431, member: 183”]“The South” is widely used non-literal term in the field of liberal arts education and I only used it for lampooning purposes, but hey, what the hell.

The argument is a very simple one. It’s that to deliberately kill a prisoner is, well, wrong.

But, sure what would I know. I’m only a bleeding heart lefty liberal. Seems like it’s rather uncool to be one these days, but I wouldn’t worry about that. Coolness is overrated. They’ll be calling people a square if you’re not in favour of the electric chair, next.[/QUOTE]
Law crowd would use developing nations and least developed countries “LDCs”.

I know where you’re coming from. I just think philosophical underpinnings of the “it’s always wrong to kill a prisoner” argument has a few loose threads to pick away at.

Mladic would be a burly full back who takes no prisoners, Mick Lyons-style.
Dessie O’Hare would be a narky little corner back. A mix of Fan Larkin and Francie Bellew.
Brian Meehan would be a speedy wing back.
Graham Dwyer would be the fancy dan corer forward who’s always first to be taken off.
Joe O’Reilly would be lumped in at full forward.
Lenny Murphy would be the sharpshooter always waiting to pick up the break.
Stan “Tookie” Williams would come on to rapturous applause as a substitute with a few minutes left, using all his experience, Bllly Byrne-style.

Whatever about the others getting caught, it takes some doing for whoever killed Michaela Harte to get away with it. To walk into a hotel room and randomly kill a woman and not get caught takes some doing. And sadly they are unlikely to see justice at this stage you’d imagine. The cops made some balls of it unless whoever did it was a total genius. Someone who never worked as a detective or tasked with solving a serious crime would have to fancy their chances of making a good fist of solving it. Had to be a member of staff, most likely robbing the room and got disturbed.

[QUOTE=“ProjectX, post: 1126426, member: 1742”]Well, one issue is the cost to the taxpayer.

Why ask the hard working people of Ireland to pay the bones of 100k a year to keep these people alive?[/QUOTE]
An option of death or breaking rock every day they live, for life sentenced murderers. Let them chose themselves.

1 Like

They could be forced to work for Dunnes Stores as part of a “Chain Gang Checkout” scheme, with the existing staff sacked. The customer gets lower prices and Dunnes management don’t have to deal with those pesky unions ever again. Win win.

Pacteau in court this morning. Is this an open and shut case or will there be a Remy Farrell type schemer on the scene pedaling some codswallop or other?

He is after pleading guilty

1 Like

fair play to him, takes a decent sort to do that and not put the family thru any hardship

1 Like

Did you read the article in the Irish Times today giving an account of the details leading up to and after the murder? Harrowing to think someone could be so cold and calculated. What a way to go… beaten and fucked into a barrel full of caustic-soda to dissolve- He spared the family alright.

he dannyfoleyed her?

Artfoleyed her.

You’re fucking dead pal

1 Like

Get in line, pal… after i’ve dismantled @Nembo_Kid and @Watchyourtoes you can step up for a shot off the champ.

I’ll save totti/rudi/nembo/bomber the hassle and beat you like limerick on all Ireland final day

2 Likes

does he post on here?

1 Like

Looks a bit like rocko

1 Like

Yer man Pacteau has just been sentenced to spend a minimum of 23 years in prison for murdering the Irish lass in Glasgow a few months back.