Fagan talks about Jam

lads would be interested to hear what ye think of this.

i was on betfair last nite. checking my winnings from the all ireland. tyrone at 9/4. nice. (sorry had to throw that one in)

there was some very interesting bets and odds.

for the premiership, chelsea at 5/4 and united 11/4. surely it is around 50:50 as to which will win the premiership. chelsea are bound to concentrate more on the champs lg too.

but the stand out bet. hull city to go down at 5/8. they have had an ok start but are muck plain and simple. granted they beat newcastle but so did derby last season. they lost 5-0 at home to wigan already. i cant think of anything that might keep them up. the squad is dire (see below). there is no chance of them doing a reading. im not sure if they have that much money to spend in jan either. they might have a decent enough start but they are playing

do any other investments pay out a return of more than 50% over 9 months? they are playing arsenal and tottenham away in the next 2 weeks and i expect a couple of bad beatings. so its before saturday if ya get stuck in

squad list

Matt Duke

Boaz Myhill

Wayne Brown

Bernard Mendy

Michael Turner

Paul McShane

Sam Ricketts

Kamil Zayatte

Anthony Gardner

Andy Dawson

Liam Cooper

Ian Ashbee

Nick Barmby

Geovanni

Peter Halmosi

George Boateng

Dean Marney

Bryan Hughes

Marlon King

Dean Windass

Craig Fagan

Richard Garcia

Daniel Cousin

Caleb Folan

Cannot see them staying up at all.

Stoke and West Brom have their weak points too but they have better managers and better players - particularly in West Brom’s case. They are undoubtedly the weakest group of promoted teams in recent years and Hull are the weakest of the three.

I think they’ll be badly found out when results start going the other way. Not many leaders in that squad.

If you take it as a certainty that they’re not finishing in the top half of the premiership then you’re really talking about a 1 in 3 chance that they’ll be relegated even before you start considering their relative merits versus the likes of WBA, Bolton etc. And comparatively I don’t think Hull stack up at all so I reckon it’s a decent bet.

ya west brom could stay up. they can play a fair bit . they will be in bottom five tho for sure. stoke remind me a bit of palace under warnock. they are favourites for the drop. id say they will win a good few games at home this season. will prob threaten to stay up but wont. i just cant see any positives for hull. arsenal should have put at least 7 past bolton last wkend. if they get a couple of early goals against hull they probably will. wenger could rest the likes of walcott and fabregas tho. can u imagine walcott up against mcshane etc on the counter attack. after watching bolton last wkend they are serious candidates for the drop. no strikers, brutal midfield. they have absolutely nothing there. how is gardner still a premiership player. with cahill in defence they have looked solid but he was suspended and danny shittu played. ouch. samuel was one of the worst players ever to have played for villa and he is left back. jaaskelainan aint as good as he used to be either. only saving grace is that megson will probably be sacked and they could replace him with someone half decent. could save them. wonder what odds megson is to get the boot next

what odds are newcastle to go down KIB…at least 2 of the newly promoted sides will go down…west brom might stay up as they have a few lads that can play decent football…

The problem with that is that John Wark could skin McShane on the counter attack so Arsenal are wasting Walcott by having him run at that bloated anchor. It’s like when you played Top Trumps as a kid and you wasted a 200mph Ferrari against a tractor.

Theres no doubt Hull are poor, but the question you have to ask is there three teams that are worse?

In fairness there probably is. Bolton are dire. Newcastle are in an absolute mess. I can see things getting a lot worse before they get better.

I dont know why ye think West Brom and Stoke are so much better. There much of a muchness for me. Their confidence is up, they’re are picking up points, and may well continue to do so.

5/8 is tight enough under the circumstances imo.

not the biggest fan of mcshane then rock. ha. apparently he has been doing ok at hull so far. saturday will be a true test tho and it could be embarrasing for the lad. he might have some chance of making it at a decent level as a centre half alongside an experienced centre half who could mind him. he has no chance at right back.

puke - my company ban us accessing gambling sites at work. oddschecker.com will find the best price for ya. even if it will be comical if they go down, in reality they wont. a relegation battle tho hopefully. i fancy bolton, blackburn and west ham all to have dodgy seasons. bolton will at least change manager and prob soon. zola and ince were fine players but managing in the prem with no money could prove very tricky. both clubs know their way throught the trapdoor aswell.

[quote=“KIB man”]
. even if it will be comical if they go down, in reality they wont. a relegation battle tho hopefully…[/quote]

well the same was said about both leeds and west ham the when both of them got relegated…

Does anyone have the time to figure out what a e10 or e50 single on Celtic in every one of their domestic matches and home champions league matches would have returned? I know some will be at 1/5 or 1/6 but over a season you’d surely looking at around a 50% return. Out of 38 games last year you would have only lost your full stake on 10 of them. If you bring the Huns into it there’s another 38 games with 11 losses.

To do the same this season - out of 6 games Celtic haven’t won 2 and Rangers haven’t won 1. One of this was also the old firm derby so that probably wouldnt have counted.

Celtic 1/5 this weekend. Rangers are 2/7. Not going to make a lot of money in any one week but allow the weekly winnings to build up over time and I think you will indeed have money for old rope / jam.

Any ideas folks?!

If you bet a tenner at 1/6 every week on Celtic and you lose your stake on 10 out of the 28 games then your outflow would be:

and your inflow would be:

326 Euro. (28 wins)

Take away the huns games and you’d be in a loss still:

Ouflows: 340
Inflows: 303 Euro (26 wins)

Allow for the fact that the average price is better than 1/6 and you’d be doing well enough I’d say. The key is to just do it in singles though and not to get greedy.

Hull get their second away win in a row at white hart lane this afternoon…fair play to them…hope they stay up…

money for old jam- back ramos to be the next manager to be sacked…

The best one I heard was a fella I know who did two seperate bets on Ronaldo to be first goalscorer and last goalscorer in every game last year.
He put 50 on both bets every game and was up around 4 grand by the end of the year. Odds got shorter as the year went on though going from around 5-1 to 3-1 on both bets by end of season.

[quote=“KIB man”]
hull city to go down at 5/8. they have had an ok start but are muck plain and simple.[/quote]

Now out to 13/8, 14 points up already after 7 games, 36 points stayed up last year, 8 more wins, must have a chance of staying up.

Newcastle at 3/1 and Spurs at 7/1 to be relegated have to be looked at.

even though they are struggling at the moment i can’t see spurs being relegated…newcastle in fairness to them showed a bit of heart and weren’t half bad compared to what they have been playing over the past few weeks after a shaky start…

i would say that stoke will go down with possibly fulham or west brom if either of them hits a bad run of form

do any other investments pay out a return of more than 50% over 9 months? they are playing arsenal and tottenham away in the next 2 weeks and i expect a couple of bad beatings. so its before saturday if ya get stuck in

hull are proving me wrong. have a 100 bet with a mate at evens that they will go down. 2 great wins for them. still their squad is muck and i still expect them to go down.

[quote=“KIB man”]do any other investments pay out a return of more than 50% over 9 months? they are playing arsenal and tottenham away in the next 2 weeks and i expect a couple of bad beatings. so its before saturday if ya get stuck in

hull are proving me wrong. have a 100 bet with a mate at evens that they will go down. 2 great wins for them. still their squad is muck and i still expect them to go down.[/quote]

odds on KIB for munster?

KIB man

dont know FOF. have to win the county final first tho. a cold wet day would suit a stronger liscannor side down to the ground. in fairness they kicked away the final a few years back. tommy curtin is a pretty shrewd operator aswell. this may not be a cakewalk at all. the game at the weekend was no kind of preperation in fairness. anyone know when the final is on?

last time we won munster, things kind of fell into our lap a bit. the kerry reps miltown castlemaine werent great and we had to play them down in quilty which was a big advantage. in the final we played stradbally who with all due respect are no nemo rangers. we were pretty lucky to go through in that game too. stradbally had some shocking wides in the second half when they were dominating.

id say that side was prob stronger than the current one. altho mark mccarthy and noel downes would have the potential to score more this time around.

don’t think anyone wants to see the liscannor mulockers win it.

hope ye do it and give a good rattle in munster too. the talent is clearly there.

[quote=“KIB man”]dont know FOF. have to win the county final first tho. a cold wet day would suit a stronger liscannor side down to the ground. in fairness they kicked away the final a few years back. tommy curtin is a pretty shrewd operator aswell. this may not be a cakewalk at all. the game at the weekend was no kind of preperation in fairness. anyone know when the final is on?

last time we won munster, things kind of fell into our lap a bit. the kerry reps miltown castlemaine werent great and we had to play them down in quilty which was a big advantage. in the final we played stradbally who with all due respect are no nemo rangers. we were pretty lucky to go through in that game too. stradbally had some shocking wides in the second half when they were dominating.

id say that side was prob stronger than the current one. altho mark mccarthy and noel downes would have the potential to score more this time around.[/quote]

Noel Downes injured, Mark McCarthy a sub yesterday, only came on in the last couple of minutes.