More bad news for Puke

Taoiseach confirms no Christmas bonus for moochers

The Taoiseach Brian Cowen has confirmed that there will not be a u-turn on the decision not to pay the uneployed a Christmas bonus this year.

It was announced in the Emergency Budget last April that the bonus - paid every year since 1980 - would be scrapped.

The Taoiseach said the “money just isn’t there” when questioned on the issue in the Dil this morning by Labour leader Eamon Gilmore.

Mr Cowen said: “In other times, we’ve been able to increase rates and provide for further supplementary payments. We are clear in the view at the moment that the availability of another 223m is not possible in the present circumstances.”

Mr Gilmore said: “I think it is mean and I think it is shameful, Taoiseach.”

[quote=“Lazarus”]Taoiseach confirms no Christmas bonus for moochers

The Taoiseach Brian Cowen has confirmed that there will not be a u-turn on the decision not to pay the uneployed a Christmas bonus this year.

It was announced in the Emergency Budget last April that the bonus - paid every year since 1980 - would be scrapped.

The Taoiseach said the “money just isn’t there” when questioned on the issue in the Dil this morning by Labour leader Eamon Gilmore.

Mr Cowen said: “In other times, we’ve been able to increase rates and provide for further supplementary payments. We are clear in the view at the moment that the availability of another 223m is not possible in the present circumstances.”

Mr Gilmore said: “I think it is mean and I think it is shameful, Taoiseach.”[/quote]

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

At this rate we’ll never get our money back from ElGaupo:popcorn:.

:thumbsup::smiley:

How much was this “bonus” as a matter of interest?

The recipient of benefits would recieve a double payment one week in December.

Meh, as long as I keep getting €160 into my account every week I won’t mind about the bonus, although I do feel that I do deserve it…

I’m sure the lad your working for on the black will look after you at chrimbo…:wink:

Thought that lodging straight into your account was scrapped Puke? How are you putting down the day now that the hurling is over? I’d say you’ve the winter garden looking immaculate.

Have a couple of mornings work a week, the dog is as fit as a fucker from the walking, the hurling isn’t over til the week after next, another final to be played, then it will be back to the soccer…

I go to the post office every wednesday to collect my wages SS**

Sounds like a dream. Basically you’re a professional sportsman, getting paid more than the average LOI waster and you get to spend time with Lohan the dog.

I don’t want to overstate things but I honestly believe that he is by far and away the greatest dog of all time:thumbsup:…

Did ye ever get the Pine Martin after, Puke?

No, but I will have my vengence in this life or the next…

Time to let it go puke

tell that to the dog that can only chase its tail in one direction!

How is he doing otherwise, Puke? Has he served many neighbouring bitches since he got the eye patch?

he doesn’t have a patch tis sown shut…The fucker is an awful man for wandering alright but hasn’t serviced anything in a while…He had a bit of a panic/anxiety attack there a few weeks ago when he chased a tom cat and got caught caught up in a load of briars and the cat got a few swipes at him…Thought i wass nearly going to have to put him out of his misery, he couldn’t stand for a good 10 minutes and was trembling like fuck…

Did the episode with the Pine Marten rattle him that badly? It’s a shame to see a warrior like Lohan losing his bottle as such.

Is this Brian Lohan and Michael Webster we’re talking about?
:popcorn: