More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

I would say RTE is a bigger problem in that respect than the GAA. No question the GAA are backward, but RTE have cameras at all these games and choose to make an absolute dogs breakfast of coverage, in particular highlights shows.

Itā€™s hard to imagine them being any worse, you could fire all the commentators and pick up a few lads from the Red Cow and it would be undoubtedly better.

Thatā€™s fine except the GAA is owned by the members of clubs and its patrons. Donā€™t be a fucking knob all your life.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ha.

Oooooffffttttt,

What law did he break?

If you donā€™t know then just say so.

They tried to bury us. They didnt know we were seeds.

cc @Bandage @KinvarasPassion

Which is all fine, but if you sell tickets to a public event on your field, would you expect to be able to get the gardai, not private security, the gardai to arrest a patron for waving a fleg you didnā€™t like?

Heā€™s a servile pig. He fully endorses a brutal police force enforcing for the few, not the many.

well a recreational user/visitor would have more rights than a trespasserā€¦but obvisouly the occupier wold be entitled to modify the duty towards the visitorā€¦ as the GAA did in this case.

Not using the gardai though. The Gardai in my opinion shouldnā€™t have been involved in what is, in effect, a private matter.

1 Like

yeah id agree thereā€¦ itā€™s not a crime itā€™s breaking a private ruleā€¦

If you behave in a way that causes serious annoyance you can be asked by a Garda to desist. If you donā€™t then you can be arrested and charged with a crime or given a caution.

This lad chose to accept the caution at the station rather than fight it in the courts.

Are ye still on about this? FFS This is dull even by TFK standards

10 Likes

Im sure SOS Mediterranean mean well but ultimately picking up 600 people inthe Mediterranean and transporting them to Europe instead of back to Libya, is only playing into the people traffickers hands and will lead to hundreds more people paying a fortune to cunts who will pack them off to sea on a rubber dinghy without care for their safety.

1 Like
1 Like

Where did I say he broke a law?

So he shouldnā€™t have been arrested?

I agree the GAA should provide their own security and can well afford to, itā€™s not like many GAA matches have crowd trouble.

It does seem a bit heavy handed, but like you I donā€™t know the whole story and wouldnā€™t be making a judgement based on one eye witness. Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable. All in all it seems a pretty isolated case, and the lad involved doesnā€™t seem to be making much of a deal about it.

The arresting garda has been awarded the Scott medal of honour.