More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

Let me put it in Canadian for you ‘Go fuck yourself, aye’.

When you got to the payments section it wouldn’t accept payment. But then you were subsequently shocked to discover there was an issue. Maybe buy your tampons over the counter in future.

No the payments section was crashed, hence I had to call to try and process the payment. It was at that point that I was advised it wasn’t currently in stock.

The fact that the payment wasn’t processed had nothing to do with the stock that they had.

I see you’ve returned to the thread to give me a thumbs down rating…

You’re observant. Well done.

You’ve inadvertently given yourself one too, pal :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The high level of spending on TVs at the Mulgrave Street jail is among a litany of allegations at the prison. It confirmed more than €130,000 has been spent on providing 870 TVs over the past five years, for 250 prisoners.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/whistleblower-begs-for-help-in-dossier-on-daily-fraud-at-prison-35805797.html

€150 a TV. Sounds like cracking value.

Complaining that fellas are able to slip off to pub for a couple of pints or maybe off to a match. FFS.

The part about PO’s drinking pints across the road on the clock in Lysaghts is spot on.

Not sure about the younger PO’s but the older lads are deadly for the porter during work.

1 Like

That article is spot on by all accounts.

They are on a nice wedge too aren’t they ? And plenty of overtime

In fairness there’d be as many convicts in McLysaghts as there’d be in the prison

1 Like

They look after the PO’s…they even sponsor their gaelic football team…they’re joined with the guards.

JOD’s really lost out never giving them after hours.

Bad move.

You’d want to be in all fairness.

Average salary would 70/80k id say with overtime.

Ive a mate in castlerea,he started in the min 00s on 40k+ but that was slashed for new recruits like himself by about 10k in 08/09.Seniority is everything in the prision service,the new lads do all the night shifts,bank holidays,xmas,new years,driving to funerals for the day etc.The mate says most prisioners arent too bad but the knackers are by far the worst of the worst.

The worst of them are in Portlaoise or the midlands.

I was talking to a fella from Cork randomly one night out…who commutes to Limerick prison…stories he had were hilarious.

Rough aul job.

Rough auld job alright

A neighbour of mine does it. He’s 24 months out from retirement. That’s 18 months of work apparently because you can go out sick for 6 months with little questioning. And many do for their final 6 months.

He works all the hours god sends now because apparently his pension is based on avg GROSS (incl all overtime) annual pay for the last 36 months (excl any periods out sick). Is that possible? Seems bannanas.

Wouldn’t fancy it myself mind you. He is a hard enoigh nut for it. A hiace drove into the estate one day not realising it was a cul de sac I’d say. When they passed he reversed his car out across the road and when they came back around he was able to give them all their feeding and breeding he knew them all from being inside over the years. They haven’t called back since anyway. He has an air of danger about him

194 staff members but only room for 210 male prisoners and 28 females - not far off a 1:1 ratio of staff to inmates. Didn’t think there was as many staff inside there as that. Doubt that ratio is as high in Mountjoy but maybe I’m wrong.

Great money but not the nicest working environment I’d imagine. Obvious observation alert but apart from your ordinary decent criminals you’d get some ferocious scum in there too.

Couldn’t begrudge the lads a few pints on the beat, therefore.

2 Likes