More Things That Are Wrong, just plain wrong

That shit is heartbreaking man but it happens. Like ambrose said. It happens a lot and has happened to lots of us. Doesn’t make it easy though. Be good to each other.

1 Like

Hope all works out well buddy,mind yerselves.

Chap I went to primary school with hit the headline a few years back - they suffered 12 miscarriages or something like that before they were lucky enough to have a little girl - they refused to give up.

That would wreck your head. Some persistence

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. As any of with children know there is fuck all we can do when the other half is in the maternity hospital. All we can do is be there and do the fetching, carrying and supporting.

When my mrs was pregnant with baby taz we had 2 scares where we thought she was losing baby. Nothing worse. Hopefully things turn out good for you and your snigificant other. :grinning:

1 Like

Can only offer condolences like all the others here. And again to repeat the oft common thing in this situation, it’s only when you go through it that you realise so many others have gone through it too. They say it happens in 1 out of 4 pregnancies, we hit that mark spot on with 3 kids and one miscarriage. That sense of uselessness is terrible though. Just havent a clue what to do or how to help. All you can do is just be there and be that emotional punchbag if needs be. Wishing ye the best of luck next time around, hopefully it’ll all go a lot better.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that lad, she sounds like a great woman. Take care of the both of ye.

It happened to myself and Mrs Donovan 2 and a half years ago, a cunt of a thing. Like you I’m a bit of an Irish roaster at heart and my woman is a city girl. We hadn’t told anyone of the pregnancy as it was just coming up to the three month mark and therefore nobody outside of our immediate family knew what we were going through and I wouldn’t be one for opening up about my feelings which can be dangerous! I got it off my chest on TFK and it did help a lot at the time I must say.
Take care of yourself and your Mrs and us internet friends are always here to lighten the burden.

8 Likes

Just coming across this now.

Very sorry to read about what happened.

Look after the missus - as I am sure you will. She is the most important one in all this.

Life can be a cunt. But you’ll get through this - you won’t forget it but like everything in life, time is the healer.

And as many has already said, including your Mam, I know of loads of cases where this has happened and there have been no problems after so maybe just bear that in mind as well.

1 Like

A family member of my lady had a number of miscarriages as well (maybe 6 or 7) and also a stillborn, which is without a doubt the saddest thing I have ever witnessed in my life.

She is pregnant again now though and past the 3 months with all well. If ever someone deserved it.

4 Likes

Energu companies sales folks. Every fucking night they are knocking on the door trying to get you to switch. Energia tonight.

1 Like

Just tell them your already a customer. They won’t have a clue

You’re

1 Like

Tell them you’re on the do not solicit list and if anyone from the company calls again the company will be brought to court.

I now have the 123.ie radio ad jingle and the Energia radio ad jingle mixed up into the one jingle in my head as a result of your post.

They’re pretty similar, to be fair.

Thanks pal and a word of thanks to all the posters who got in touch. Received some very thoughtful PMs over the past 24 hours and a lot of fellas have shared similar stories.

It still hurts like fuck, but thankfully they let her home this evening and she’s here sleeping now. Obviously we’ve to go back in early next week so a few more tough days ahead but I genuinely appreciate all the support and kindness.

Thanks again lads

20 Likes

I still have to collect on that dinner box with the curry. I won’t let you away with that pal.

2 Likes

Sure thing pal :+1:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that cauli, life can be shitty sometimes. Don’t worry, the eclectic mix of mayhem that is TFK will be here when you come back

Bastern lawnmower is fucked. Still though after 17 years, I suppose I can’t complain