Most underrated movie ever

According to Wiki the director got into a strop because he said Norton edited the film to give himself more TV time.

Begs the question - what was the main actor doing editing the film?

That scene just there where Norton is at dinner with the family discussing Rodney King is utterly, utterly superb. He turns on Elliott Gould in the end who is Jewish in it.

Norton literally burns a hole in the screen during it.

‘See that’ (shows the swastika on his chest)
‘That means you’re not welcome’

Kerb scene just there.

Holy Christ.

Time Bandits, a comedy with a load of dwarves and John Cleese among other familiar British comedy faces.
Haven’t seen it since I was a young fle but I’d great taste back then and I presume its still good.

Apologies if this film was already mentioned, couldn’t be arsed reading every page to check. Felon(recent enough film) with Val Kilmer and Stephen Dorph. Excellent film, Dorph is locked up in prison because he flakes an intruder breaking into his house with a baseball bat and kills him. He ends up in a cell with Kilmer who plays an auld dangerous bastard with a big beard on him. Kilmer looks about 65 in it, unreal performance by him even though he hasn’t a massive part in the film timewise.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]According to Wiki the director got into a strop because he said Norton edited the film to give himself more TV time.

Begs the question - what was the main actor doing editing the film?[/quote]

Considering how well the film turned out and how yer man hasnt been seen since, I think Norton was right to do it.

I watched ‘The life aquatic with steve zizzou’ last night…thought it was excellent, anyone else seen it, very witty black comedy…bill murray is his usual brilliant self in it…

very good movie from Wes Anderson

his debut Bottle Rocket is great too

[quote=“nlgbbbblth”]very good movie from Wes Anderson

his debut Bottle Rocket is great too[/quote]

I watched The Darjing Limited and The Royal Tenebaum before and thought they were both a bit hit and miss to be honest…must take a look at Bottle Rock

Dunno if its been mentioned here, and couldn’t be arsed looking, but my favourite film is vastly underrated - The Dead by John Huston.

Angelica Huston, Donal McCann both excellent and Donal Donnelly brilliant as Freddy Mallins. I watch it every Christmas.

Brilliant film.I love Wes Anderson so much. It’s like…every line is poignant but a piss-take at the same time. It’s just magic for some reason.

Hate to disagree with Thrawneen again but didn’t that Wes Andersen bloke direct a film with Cillian Murphy and that bird from the Wedding Crashers that wasn’t Isla Fisher? Red Eye was the name of it I believe.

Awful rubbish.

That said I don’t know much more of his other films so I am hardly in a position to make a call on him.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Hate to disagree with Thrawneen again but didn’t that Wes Andersen bloke direct a film with Cillian Murphy and that bird from the Wedding Crashers that wasn’t Isla Fisher? Red Eye was the name of it I believe.

Awful rubbish.

That said I don’t know much more of his other films so I am hardly in a position to make a call on him.[/quote]

That’s Wes Craven. Idiot.

Hardly in a position to make a call is right.

Oh dear - that’s terribly embarrassing.

Such an imbecile. This was a perfectly good thread until that oaf wandered in!

State of Grace is a cracking film…about the Irish mafia in Hells kitchen New York…Sean penn, Robin Wright Penn,Ed Harris, John Turturro…Gary Oldman is brilliant as the nutjob drunken Irish gangster …

What sort of vintage is that Scummer? Relatively old movie I assume.

Getting back to Wes Anderson - haven’t really liked many of his movies but Mrs Rock is a big fan. Have that Darjeeling one at home so might watch it over the next couple of days.

[quote=“therock67”]What sort of vintage is that Scummer? Relatively old movie I assume.
[/quote]

1990…defo worth a watch…slipped under the radar a bit as it was released the same year as goodfellas and godfather part III …

Jesus - mixed up the names lads. Give me a break.

Unlike Rock though who blatantly lied about calling Padraig Harrington a bottler.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Jesus - mixed up the names lads. Give me a break.

Unlike Rock though who blatantly lied about calling Padraig Harrington a bottler.[/quote]

You’re right Farmer, it was a good point you made. Just incorrect was all. Other than that it was faultless.