Motherwell v Celtic

Bolo Zenden, the new Lubo Moravcik, trained with Celtic today. Neil Lennon may be considering a move for the out of contract veteran.

Mulgrew, Ki and Ledley are all ruled out for tomorrow’s clash against the second place Lanarkshire side. Glenn Loovens is hamstrung and will also be missing. They join long term absentees Izaguirre, Brown, Kelvin Wilson and Mark Wilson.

Thomas Rogne and Badr El-Kaddouri are available again.

Would start the same side that played against Rennes with the obvious exception of the injured Loovens, whom I’m sure Rogne will replace.

Commons in for McCourt - bit harsh on Paddy but not sure how his fitness is having not played a full game in a while.

Forster;
Cha, Majstorovic, Rogne, Matthews;
Kayal, Wanyama;
Forrest, Commons, Samaras;
Stokes

subs: Zaluska, McCourt, Hooper, Chalmers, McGeough, Fraser & McGregor

“A football club will be formed for the maintenance of dinner tables for the children and the unemployed.” 6th Nov 1887

Happy birthday Celtic. :clap:

Agreed regarding Paddy. I think a 4-2-3-1 works better with that collection of players. I don’t think a 4-4-2 with Commons left, Forrest right and Sammy upfront is the way to go.

The likes of Lasley and Jennings got away with murder against us in February. Kayal and Wanyama need to put the foot in themselves.

Agreed. No harm in showing them a couple of looks and going 4-4-2 for a little spell if it’s not working with 4-2-3-1 but really don’t want to see the straightforward 4-4-2 for too much of the game.

Presume it would be Commons in the central role in a 4-2-3-1?

[quote=“Rocko, post: 631700”]Presume it would be Commons in the central role in a 4-2-3-1?
[/quote]

I think so. That’s where he played the last 20 minutes the other night when he came on for McCourt too.

I don’t normally bet on Celtic games these days but attracted by the healthy price today. Taking -1 at 17/10/

Thursday night was a template in terms of the attitude and effort required. We’ve been vulnerable post European games so far this season and they’ll come out and press us hard and try to kick us off the park. We need that same application and attitude and have to give it back to these cunts in spades. 'Mon the Celtic.

What positions do McGregor and Chalmers play?

McGregor plays in midfield and Chalmers plays at the back.

Do we draw lots to see who gets the captains armband?

Fucking Scottish referees.

I think this guy is one of the few fair ones. Let’s see what happens.

A goal kick gifts them a corner.

In the heat of Lisbon

Cha is shite.

Ridiculous defensive header from Majstorovic there - nice cushioned flick down to the striker.

Ah for fucks sake.

Brutal defending

Another corner, another goal. Fucking awful.