Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

Hopefully on TV as well

I think you’re as delusional as the Cork management appear to be.

2 Likes

What age are you? That’s a big statement to make.

You’d have to believe the player capable of beating you on your own. To be fair to Cork Lynch shredded them in AIF, they couldn’t have that again. But they basically sacrificed midfield in order to hold him. They should have just gone with it and played 5 forwards if they really felt it was that vital. The 3 lads in the FF line got fuck all ball anyway.

Again TK is capable of ripping you assunder on his own, but if you want to keep some structure then I think you just bite the bullet and sacrifce a forward. Otherwise like you say your team will be dragged apart, without TK even touching a ball.

Hegarty made hay with the space left by Cork man marking Lynch.

1 Like

And Byrnes

At intercounty level, I don’t think any player is actually able to win a match on his own, especially out around the middle of the field. It’s not as if you ignore him completely; stand off him and let him do what he wants; you still close down the space, put him under pressure and disrupt him but you don’t sacrifice your setup to do it.

Obviously you have to be wary of where the opposition threats lie, but it’s one thing I admire about the Limerick setup, they don’t give a fuck about opposition individuals. Remember in 2020, Kelly was running riot whenever he did get the ball; everyone was screaming for him to be man marked by Finn. Or last year in the Munster Final, Forde was sitting off into space and popping points over. If everyone on the team was doing their job properly, that space wouldn’t have been there. So it was just a case of copping on & doing the job they were told to rather than being given a man marking job.

1 Like

Certainly makes our route very worrisome if Cork win. As you say in a later post we simply don’t beat Clare in Ennis. Once we cross the Shannon at all we’re in bother.

1 Like

I think Waterford beating Cork at home will be enough.

Cork’s score difference is terrible and bad and all as Tipp are (and we are desparate), I don’t forsee Cork running up an absolute cricket score.

Clare could easily beat Limerick in Ennis too leaving it

Limerick - 6
Clare - 6
Waterford - 4
Cork - 4

Waterford would have the head2head on Cork too.

Waterford should be fine, so long as they beat Cork at home and don’t get hammered by Clare.

If we don’t beat Cork at home we deserve to be out.

10 Likes

Ye may throw yer hats at it if ye can’t beat this Cork side.

Waterford would beat this cork team with their cap cc @balbec.

Waterford will beat Cork a point a man in Waterford. Cork/Clare is basically a knock-out game for Cork, make no mistake - and the players will know it.

Hard to see Waterford beating Cork.

Cork have legendary pace. Waterford won’t have the legs for it unfortunately

Cork never feared Waterford

Tipp lads, what’s holding back Paddy Cadell? I thought he’d be an important future building block.

1 Like

You would think so

Late 20s. I don’t think it’s really even a debate in that time. Maybe not worst player for player but definitely furthest away from the top teams

Even during the 2000’s we used be full sure going off to Munster Final’s we’d beat Cork.

Now we are beat before a ball is thrown in.