Munster GAA Round Robin 2022

It’s the general attitude though that’s so wrong. If you look back on the match yesterday and take note of Kieran Kingstons reactions on the line it tells a lot, arms out roaring for frees and on to the 4th official complaining about tackles every few minutes. Soft shit. Donal Óg using his national media platform to moan on about policing the tackle. Soft shit. Donal O’Grady previously constantly praising teams going short and running the ball and picking out every example where teams going long might have gone wrong for them and saying how they should have ran it short. Soft shit.

4 Likes

They need to bring back Frank. Pronto

1 Like

Well said…Waterford were in last years minor final and took Tipp to extra time the last few years u20. Waterford will be getting a couple every year and integrating them into the senior set up. I’d know a lot of what’s going on at grassroots and underage in the county, some good coaches and managers coming through also, Waterford will be fine.

I think you’re touching on a problem but I’m not certain its down to attitude. I dont think Kingston even believes they’ll win now without luck or the opposition performing poorly. Its not so much about his antics, I saw Davy at that previously. Still and all Lohan got the yellow yesterday and that was down to us getting fucked over at least twice.

My main point is I see Kingston at that and ask myself does he even believe in this lot? Do they have confidence? I’d assume they would have believed they could beat Clare in say 2018…they destroyed us in the 2nd half…but it wasnt there yesterday to any degree.

I think this group have some dreadful scars and unless they clear those out (mentally or via personnel) theyre in the same heap as Tipp.

BTW, those Cork fans I’ve heads felt 2-4 and 6 were all good yesterday. I’ll give Joyce the benefit of the doubt and Downey had an excellent 2nd half but Id be shit scared any day with that group. They were beaten to so many balls and turned over in ridiculous fashion. Theyre not bad hurlers so it is probably confidence.

Whatever we have, Brian is building a nice bond with this team. And there is a trust and belief there. Would Ryan Taylor have done that in a Clare jersey in 2016???

There’s a few comments on facebook regarding yhe 2018 semi defeat to Limerivk saying that Cork had never really recovered from thst drfeat. It’s been mentioned sround here s few times as well. I never really bought into it but now I’m not so sure. The final last year was orobably seen as s means to avenge that loss and obviously did’nt psn out that way.

Possibly true but they turned ye over in the Gaelic Grounds the next year.

An acid test for Cork hurling will be against our minors this week. If we get anything in PUR I think they’ve huge problems

They did but were beat in the quarter that year IIRC. Would have been interesting if we had met them again that year

Kingston and the Rock are clearly not up to it and need to go… That’s your starting point.

Milerick to the full back line…
Leave Joyce at 6
Get TOM out of the HB line to HF - he’s not a defender
Drop Fitzgibbon from the panel
There’s very little they can do with those forwards at this stage…
I’m not sure what you do with Coleman
Go and beg Bill Cooper to tog out.

Was Meyler hard done by? He got a lot out of them looking back. It felt like his time was up at the time though

I think Kingston needs time. He is building something special there now. Everyone involved in Cork hurling just needs to buy into it.

9 Likes

I saw an interview with Meyler a couple of years back. He said that the defeat to Limerick in 18 was a fatal blow to him.

They might need to move on from Kingston. Let the Rock take the reigns

2 Likes

The Rock is doing a fine job there. I’d leave him as a selector until Kingston finishes up in 2032.

Ideal man to bring the thing along then after that.

1 Like

Was it 2016 when Limerick lost to Clare ? Think we lost in Munster to tipp after bubbles was sent off. Dan Morrisey got dogs Abuse from Limerick fans the same day.

I think 2015 we got an almighty hammering off tipp in the Gaelic grounds and Dublin dumped us out in thurles after Wexford beat cork in a double header.

I doubt many were predicting Limerick to be the dominant force in hurling within 2 years.

As somebody pointed out wAterford we’re total shambles in 2018 and 2019. Look at them now.

Very small margins and little bits of luck can go a long way to winning an all Ireland.

Cork were inches away from beating us in 2018. The Quaid block, the Horgan point hitting the bar and then dropping into a Limerick players hand all happened in the final few minutes.

Even the circumstances which saw Kinnerk who is one of the best coaches in the modern game getting involved were greatly enhanced by the actions of Davy fitz.

Cork came from nowhere in 2013 and they weren’t miles off it in 2017 and 2018 when they’d no underage success.

I wouldn’t be writing their obituary just yet. If they get the right management in place they’ll be a force very quickly.

1 Like

Management is key really. You need the raw materials but if the backround team isnt there - you’re at nothing nowadays.

Would the Rock bring back the “Carkness”?

Bring back queen lizzie to the English market. That’d do the trick

1 Like

Let’s wait and see what happens in pairc hi rinn cs kerry in the football on Saturday

Build from there

I like Meyler a lot, I think he’s good but I do think his time was up. They regressed a lot in 2019 .

I do think an outside coach might be a good idea.

Who is out there though? I can’t see them going for Davy. Would Michael O’Donoghue fit the bill