Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Limerick IS Munster rugby.
Sporting limerick :rugby_football:

1 Like

its about a bit of fucking pride, pride in a team where you come from, Munster and Ireland are two unbelievable teams, world class

I saw Conway for the 1st time last season and new straight away the lad had something. I remember asking you about him and you weren’t sure. He has a right cut about him and is great in the air. Could he do a job at 15 for Ireland?

1 Like

He had a slow start for Munster he has been brilliant for the last 18 months. Definitely good enough to play for Ireland but stiff competition.

Not too many options at Fb though, although Kearney had a good 6 nations, Conway has the attributes Imo to make it there

1 Like

In Dublin for weekend with in-laws so off to Leinster v Sarries later. Allez les Bleus

3 Likes

Enjoy. Always nice to see two good teams go at it. Disappointed if Leinster dont handle them comfotably tbh

2 Likes

They should. Hard to see past them as overall winners tbh

Agreed. Tough semi as Id see Scarlets as side most likely to turn them over with their pace. But quality of Leinster squad is something else

Sarries are like England, Millwall, and Owen farrell. Workmanlike but any decent side should turn them over. Leinster will win pulling up eventually. For the rest of it, Toulon I’d have been wary of but they’re gone due in part to a series of unfortunate events for them. I just can’t see anyone beating Leinster, bar munster, but they won’t have home advantage, nor are they likely to benefit from a string of unusual events again. In truth, toulon were poor enough. Their first choice scrum half was absolutely dreadful, and killed them, and nonu and basteraud just don’t work well as a pair as they are both too similar neither with genuine pace or guile.
Ashton was outstanding for them yesterday, probably the best I’ve ever seen him, not just a ten yard swallow diver but a genuine threat from all over.
As an aside, the Gloucester scrum half was the epitome of everything you’d want in a scrum half. Outstanding player.
Finally, Stuart Barnes is a complete cunt.

1 Like

Saracens have been the best team in Europe for 2 years now although they’ve gone backwards thi s season alright

They seem to have regressed into flat track bullies. Leinster should have too much for them. On any given day strange things can happen, but it would be a big surprise really.
Not just that, Leinster look a huge amount better than they have.

Willi Heinz. He was very very good yday. Unlucky not to have been an all black. Gloucester play an attractive style.

How would he rate in your echelon of scrum halves noting you have Greig Laidlaw at the top of the bunch well ahead of conor Murray?

Agree Leinster should win but they are missing SOB, Conan, Ruddock and Van de flier from the back row all of whom would have been front liners

I don’t. I think laid law was a decent pick for the lions at that time, as he doesn’t go into games thinking he’s beaten, which was the pervasive mindset amongst the general public (including myself, I thought they’d be well beaten in all three tests) pre-tour.
Murray was outstanding in new Zealand. He is world class. Laid law I agree is just too slow with his delivery. If will heinz was playing for toulon yesterday, they’d have won. They looked transformed once they hooked their starting scrum half, who was as bad a player as I have ever seen.

Who can we face in the semi finals?

Even better without the commentary.

Watching it with heart rate running at normal speed their wingers made a woeful assumption that ball was in touch and ran up past Conway to cut off quick throw to restart game. Made all the space

Don’t you start now.

Delighted to see Conway continue to ram it down @gilgamboa’s throat. A great bit of stuff.

1 Like

Consistency in a world gone mad