Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

I’d agree about Byrne - far more reliable game all round. They need to figure out the plan for Carberry and Byrne - Munster can keep their greasy hands off them!

1 Like

Potential Munster v Leinster HCup final then the same match up in a Pro14 semi the week after. The bitterness between the fans could get back to 06/09 levels.

1 Like

Hard to keep both happy. Byrne would go to the WC if he signed for Munster or Ulster. Wont happen though.

Leinsters depth is very concentrated IMO. Pack has loads. But flimsy enough below first tier of backs. If Henshaw wasnt back youd be looking at Noel Reid.

Leinster will probably win alright but Scarlets are the one team with pace to trouble them

Expecting a crowd of 7k for this semi final

Which semi is this? 7k is a fantastic crowd for rovers are they in europe?

2 Likes

I think Leinster v scarlets is very similar to munster v Leinster 09. Scsrlets are really underrated they dismantled Leinster and munster last year and have improved. I still think Leinster are weak at 2, 9 and in the back three. Sexton isn’t the player he once was, nacewa is 35 and henshaw can’t be much more than 70 percent or they’d have given him 10 minutes last week.

The fact that that Nacewa cunt is getting his game is all you need to know about Leinster currently.

Possibly all true, All though Cronin, Sexton, Kearney were all well capable over the last couple of weeks for Ireland and Leinster. That Scarlets team isn’t exactly wall to wall superstars either and I’m fairly confident if they’d have played Saracens or Toulon in the quarters they’d have lost.

Look, it’s possible Scarlets won on Sat, there are no easy semis. However Leinster have handled every big game this year and have the experience at this level in addition to playing at home. They’re justifiably favourites. I think you’re letting your hopes for a Leinster loss intrude on a balanced assessment.

On the upside, if Leinster win you’ll get a chance to beat them in the final!

I’m not some fool crossing fingers hoping for a loss. You don’t seem to be entertaining the idea of Leinster being beaten. Saracnes are completely finished there operating at about 60 percent of where they were last season. Their players are wrecked. Leinster weren’t as impressive in that game as people make out. The early try was absolutely class but sarries should have been leading at half time. I reckon Scsrlets would have taken care of sarries and Toulon much easier than they did La Rochelle. Scarlets are coming in as massive underdogs here which suits them. There exactly the sort of side Leinster will hate playing. I really beirne to do an absolute number on Dan leave on Saturday. For me there’s a few gym monkeys in this Leinster team. A real soft underbelly to them. They’ll get in spades on Saturday and I can’t wait to see how they handle it.

1 Like

I make them favourites but they’re not unbeatable by any measure.

Actually think their pack is one of their strengths now and where they can win the game on Sat. Furlong, Healy/McGrath, Ryan, Fardy, Leavy. Not much “soft underbelly” there.

Scarlets best chance is a mad game. A structured game and Leinster will grind them down.

I fancy beirne to absolutely bury leavy. The guys a freak. Rhys patchell is probbaly my favourite rugby player at the moment. They have so much talent. It’s crazy.

Would you take Patchell over Sexton? Great player going forward imho but put him in a tight game or under pressure and he’s at sea. He was lost VS England.

Beirne is a great player but he’s in the weaker pack. Leavy has been doing alright himself too.

Ah sure fuck it, you could go round the houses on it. It could be an absolute cracker on Sat if both teams turn up.

What about Sun? Munster can’t have any fear of Racing? That’s where the soft underbelly of the weekend will be found for me.

Why is Dan Carter a sub? Has he been injured?

I rewatched the game at racing’s stadium earlier and munster really should have won. The pitch undone them a few times. This game on Sunday will be more of a home game for Munster racing by all accounts are travelling light. I think munster are in much better shape than they were when they meet in the pool stage too. A lot depends on keatley if he keeps it together they’ll win.

1 Like

Yeah - fair assessment. I think Racing can def be got at and I’d question their mental strength when it’s all in the mix. They’ve got a couple of players who can go missing if the pressure is put on.

I dreamt last night that we won it out and I was on the team bus doing pull ups in the gym section down the back.

A great omen.

Racing looked venomous at times in the qf though. They’ll be dangerous if they give a hoot.

Europe???
They’ll be lucky to be in Premier Division next year and existence in 5 years

1 Like

Regular sub now. Just their game plan it seems in big games.

He won the 1/4 for them as a sub.1st 5 or 6 balls he did something really useful with. Ridiculous player

1 Like

ROG threatening to beat his kids