Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Munster donā€™t have any other back near Zebos ability. Heā€™s that rare ability to score tries and beat defenders. Heā€™s a savage left boot and is brilliant under a high ball. Heā€™s flawed but heā€™s by far and away Munsters best outside back.

1 Like

He stopped beating defenders 5 years ago ffs when they figured out his one trick and pushed him wide every time.

Earls on the other hand worked on his game.

Now there is a proper pro

2 Likes

Nice lad as well

Kev, Thomas is a lazy bastard on the field. Itā€™s his biggest flaw.

It doesnā€™t have to be either or, Earls is a good pro, Zebo is as good as heā€™s ever been, a dynamic player, potential gamechanger

Yes but things come far more natural to Zebo. Zebo is a brilliant number 15. International class. Munster canā€™t afford to leave him out. He scored one try, set up another and set up the disallowed one. Heā€™s that bit of spark that munster donā€™t have.

Zebo has actually developed a lot as a player. He now creates a lot for players around him which he didnā€™t do before, his vision and passing are exceptional at times. The fact that earls is a better professional does not mean Zebo isnā€™t an addition to Munster. He is a major loss. Kev is a keen observer most of the time but this is another one of those instances where he cannot be objective.

Not at all.

I heaped praise on him last season for improving his decision making.

This is specific to his return to old ways in last few months

You have to indulge Zebo. In a perfect world munster could move him on but racing next season will have their best second row forward and their best outside back.

1 Like

Earls Just gave what sounded like a very interesting interview to Off The Ball, I was only able to hears bits but Iā€™d say itā€™s worth a listen back

Zebo leaving having won SFA with Munster. Not great for a guy with his talent.

For me keatley imploded and that filtered through to the team. His missed kick to touch, bizarre drop goal attempt set the tone. Heā€™s a good pro12 player but heā€™s millions of miles behind Rog, Sexton, ross bryne, paddy Jackson etc. if munster had kept Zebo and signed a top class ten theyā€™d very close to the top table in Europe.

They did only hes an absolute hospital case. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if he retired. Stuck with Keatley and JJ for the foreseeable. Id throw Bill Johnston into the mix for the last few games of the season. We wont beat Leinster in the Pro14 anyway so may as well see what hes made of

1 Like

Where is he from gil?

What about Poland? Up to it?

Whatever happened Conor fitz ?

Cork

Pains me to say it but Leinster are light years ahead of Munster and most of the teams in Europe in fact. The schools system up there is producing such a quality conveyor belt that there is little hope for any of the other provinces competing for the foreseeable future. Their resources are staggering, they were missing Ruddock, O Brien, Van Der Flier, Conan on the bench ;not to mention Heaslip from their back row and still could field Leavy (one of the stars of the 6N), Jordi Murphy another proven international and Scott Fardy who played in the RWC final in 2015. Munster were reduced to trying to fit a square peg in a round hole by playing O Donoghue at open side.

3 Likes

Clonmel. Super talent but dislocated both shoulders over the past few years, once at u 20 world cup. Has the skills but not sure his body will stand up to it

Not sure about Poland. Was only ok at ireland u 20 level. Munster have signed Sean Cronin brother Neil to cover 9 and he has a good bit of club experience. Certainly a better player than Poland now who knows how it will pan out though

1 Like

Academy. playing away in the b and i cup. Hes not even 20 is he?

He must be 22 ? He was a minor in 2014.