Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Exactly fair. But a team wonā€™t win a European cup without a better 10 than keatley. When you look at the quality through the Munster team they overachieved this by getting to
the last four, which they should be proud of. Munster fans delusional to think they would win yesterday, or to think they had a chance of winning it out.

4 Likes

I actually think the back 3 is pretty good although Zebo will be a loss. Earls and Conway are good and Iā€™d take them over McFadden and a 35 year old Nacewa for example. Beirne will be a huge addition and could do with an international 10 and back row. Farrell and Taute a big loss in midfield too. Front row will struggle at business end alright but a new 10 is essential. Little to no money there though so what do you do.

We have a small playing base and in terms of finances the French and English teams will always have first pick, I guess what Iā€™m trying to say is that we can all see the problem but the solution isnā€™t as easy as you may think

1 Like

On the money as ever.

1 Like

The front row is the one place we have the depth to compete IMO. 4 good props and 2 good hookers albeit Scannell was in the horrors yday

I dont know one person who thought Munster could beat Leinster. Not one

1 Like

Donā€™t agree at all. Nothing to do with where he is from.

Conway is loved and more popular than Zebo now by a mile as an example.
Halstead, Langford, Jim Williams et al were loved.

No problem with outsiders. Just do not be a bottler

1 Like

Money isnt the main problem at all. Munster have 4 irish qualified 10s in the squad so no chance, nor should there be, that you would be allowed to sign a new one without cutting a few of them from your squad. Look at Ulster though, not many top quality 10s around to be signed

Munster just need to give Jeremy Staunton a run at 10.

2 Likes

Keatley is a good backup 10 for the league games, heā€™s not a top outhalf by any means when it comes to the business end of a competiton,never was and for him to be blamed by the brave and faithful crowd is a bit muchā€¦they have shameful form for this too.

The reality is the clubs in Munster are on their knees due to the Munster franchise stopping their best players from playing everything bar schools rugby from the age of 15 onwards. That might work in Leinster, but its a recipe for disaster longterm in Limerick and Cork as the playing population is only a fraction of the size in comparison.

Most embarssing for Munster yesterday was how their forwards were more less beaten up. Theyā€™d no answers after that. Listening to it on the radio it sounded like Oā€™Mahony and Stander never even carried the ball once.

Munster beat racing three of the last four times they met and they should have beaten them the last
Time they lost. Why would people be delusional to think theyā€™d win?

Bleyendaal is done id say so thatā€™s one gone. The others are not up to it or too young. An international class 10 or something close to it would be 500k a year or so Iā€™d guess. Do they have that?

Just rewatching the first half. Cloete was missed so much.

2 Likes

They would have if Bleyendaal left and with Zebo gone. All 3 out halves are contracted to end of next season.

Big fuck up from the IRFU too letting Donnacha Ryan leave rather than a crocked Heaslip.

Not material, but it didnt help.

Ryan wanted to leave.

Huge loss alright

Informative rating. My understanding was there would be no money for new signings after Beirne.

Joe schidmt has massive Leinster blinkers on. Heā€™s utterly fucked Munster over by letting Ryan and Zebo go for the next three seasons.

There isnā€™t a shortage of cash like that in Ireland at all. Not for the right signings anyway. If Madigan decided to come home and Munster could offload one of the tens to connacht id say would be no bother spending the money.

Grobler also gone end of season thats another chunk towards Beirne

Itā€™s not Joe Schmidtā€™s fault both Ryan and Zebo wanted to go simple as that. Remember Ryan is 35 this year and after losing the peak of his career to injury he was entitled to one last big payday. As I mentioned in a previous post Leinster have big structural advantages and fair play to them they are making it pay on the field. Not many teams could lose 4 internationals from their back row including a current B&I lion and blow Scarlets away.