Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Ian Madigan is a lovely guy, a credit to Foxrock.

In bad Rabro 12 games though. He was out found out at the top level.

Thats an outstanding rant, you must feel amazing after keeping all of that pent up over the past 4 days or so.

2 Likes

You are the one who is clueless young fella.

You are still being influenced by rumours and headlines like most ordinary fans.

Teddy Thomas got thrown off the French team for being a piss head and your saying heā€™s the beacon for hard work. You probably never heard of Thomas until he played against Ireland in the six national and Iā€™ve no doubt you havenā€™t seen him play since until Sunday.

2 Likes

Hopefully the success of st michaelā€™s players in the pro game will put to bed the notion that winning at schools level is the be all end all .

A narrow defeat at this level can inform a grit that will stand in good stead in the pro game and indeed life as a whole .

:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Current depth chart of Irish No 10ā€™s in my opinion

Sexton
Byrne
Carberry
Jackson *
Madigan
Keatley
Carty
Hanrahan
*Well aware that he wonā€™t play for Ireland again thanks

@Matty_Hislop Iā€™d prefer Carbery to stay in Leinster as a Leinster fan. If he had to go itā€™s hard to argue Ulster is suitable - crap team, no coaching ticket etc. As much as it pains me Munster are prob more suitable.

Dont agree at all. We will leave it

1 Like

Do you see him as a 10? Im not sure. Byrne far more likely to manage a team forward over a season than Carbery IMO. Super talented player just not convinced his best position is 10

Yeah - donā€™t think heā€™s a natural Irish 10 for sure. Not sure if heā€™s 15 either though and prob not big enough for 12. Definitely a conundrum

He fairly splattered the bowl. :slight_smile:

Still two likes short ā€¦ the feel good factor will truly kick in if I hit the big 10.

Like shooting fish in a barrel around here.

Great to see the PhD in action. You canā€™t beat a good education.

1 Like

Never say never. Needs must if the devil drives.

Why would you think that?

And you failed to answer the question .

I have been watching rugby for 35/36 years. I do not watch every minute of every game like a college student can cos I work 80 hours a week. However I watch games and because of extensive experience at all levels of sport can see someone who is psychlogically ready and who is not. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

You see Zebo make a break and it feeds your confirmation bias that he should have started.

Whether he did or did not would not matter. Racing overpowered Munster physically and mentally Sunday. From 1st bell.

It was as sound and beating I have seen at that level.

The coaching team seem smart. No major overhauls, pretend to be unhappy and bout some leaving but getting in some real quality.

I know people working within the system. Losing Zebo was not worrying many people really. Thatā€™s the reality. As I mentioned his stats and bound his ability to carry out his role his questionable.

Irish people really still donā€™t get playing off the cuff in rugby. Zebo does things in there wrong phase all the time. I know it drives coaches mad. What he is supposed to do at back 22 turnover is what he should be doing at 10M turnover and so on.

There is alot of ā€œI know betterā€ with him.

Fuck size. Play him 12.

He can get stronger. Look at Dā€™Arcy.

Itā€™s a no brained for me tbh

1 Like

Zeebs is Munsterā€™s all time leading try scorer (I think) so heā€™s a calamatious loss.