Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

I thought you of all people would understand

What’s he got to do with anything?

2 Likes

Very good. Amusing. Very well amusing.

“A losing bonus point is targetable.”

:laughing:

2 Likes

yes, amazing ground :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Generic_Sandy_park

2 Likes

You spend your midweeks going through the permutations on how teams can “hold” onto second leg 0-0s or “nick an away goal” in a loss.

The anti rugby agenda is on shaky ground when this is what they are resorting to.

God be with the heady days when they could cling onto an article saying that Irish rugby was fucked, we were broke, we could never match the English and the French clubs etc. They are working with thin material now and not making so much as a hanky out of it

It must be upsetting for them that Ireland can produce a top quality sportsman and afford to pay him well to stay at home, playing near where he grew up.

He can pop home to his mam and dad for tea if he wants. And neither of them are likely to be in prison

1 Like

With the quality of powder available in West Limerick, why would he move?

1 Like

The whole rubby thing is obviously a sham, but Leinster resting the likes of Sexton in their league match against their apparent bitter and main rivals Munster makes a mockery of the league. It’d be like Barca leaving Messi out of a league game against Real Madrid because they’re playing Bayer Leverkusen at home in Europe the following week.

Of course, there’s the knock on effect that the Oirish players are nicely rested for the spring friendlies whereas the English and French are colliding into and piling up on top of each other all winter. Naturally enough the Oirish have been doing well in these games lately against that backdrop.

You can understand why the English and French want to reset the parameters for “european” competition as a result. I personally think that only two Oirish teams should be permitted into the main competition. This would force them to treat the league seriously.

3 Likes

Sure West Limerick has a direct line right to Colombia :smiley:

3 Likes

A shrewd observer such as yourself will no doubt have noticed that that the IRFU player welfare system is attracting envious glances across the channel. Matter of time before a similar approach to player management is adopted over there with the English players beginning to agitate towards it.

You will also have noted that resting your top players has the added benefit of, and I shit you not, giving another young potentially International class player the opportunity to play some of the top games. Young Ross Byrne will have been thrilled to play with three Lions (anad against two others) and multiple top internationals

God bless the player welfare program and all who sail in her

You get so defensive about your “favourite sport”

I do. Its my only weakness

2 Likes

Sweep sweep.

1 Like

Stick to watching club gah games marred by violence

Bit odd to have a liking for a team from England alright i guess. You wouldnt get it…oh…

1 Like

Barcelona fans don’t say “if we get knocked out of the European Cup I hope Madrid win it. It would be good for Spanish football and that’s the most important thing. Sergio Ramos is a ledge” either.

1 Like

You do though. No ill will towards other LOI sides. Hope they do well eh