Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

That and a few paracetamol. Job is oxo

Tried and trusted :rofl:

1 Like

@gilgamboa

What do you think of this? Should Munster not be holding onto him?

I’d say this was agreed a while back.ulster had signed a different saffer who got injured and they cancelled the contract. He’s a good player but Munster have a greater need in the 2nd row so I’d say there is a foreigner coming in there.

Good signing for Ulster although I heard Ferris on a podcast a few weeks ago bemoaning the lack of home grown forwards and complaining that no academy lads had been given a chance. He said it was quite likely that next season when internationals are on that Ulster will field a pack made up entirely of non Ulster produced players

1 Like

Ridiculous given the talent Ulster produce through their schools.

Is pro rugby being queried as a career by God fearing , middle class , Ulster Protestants ??

@caoimhaoin I see Munster rugby are running a series of training camps for 13- 16 year olds throughout the summer across load of clubs in the province. 4 days 9.30- 1.30. 50 quid a head.

All sessions run by Munster staff coaches topics covered include

• intro to fitness and conditioning
  • skill development
  • nutrition and hydration
  • the principles of general movement

I think you mean “talent”

Well they’re generally quite strong. Not as strong as the Leinster schools, but they have been producing back rows to beat the band. It doesn’t make a lot of sense the problems Ulster have had. A few very talented backs masks what has been a poor academy performance from them in the last few years.

Poor is an understatement. Henderson last Ulster produced forward to be capped. Munster have at least 10 since then. Ulster have had about 5 or 6 imported forwards capped since then

Is life insurance included in the 50 quid?

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

Just asking , like.

1 Like

In fairness there has been a bias against Ulster rugby in IRFU circles for a long time now.

That doesn’t explain Tyrone Howe

:joy: true that. Someone better tell national team captain and Ulster man Rory Best

Fair play to them. They are winning the hearts and minds of tge in-betweeners. The types who don’t care what the kids play as long as it is progressive and fun.

GAA getting kicked around the place in Cork

It’s the opposite in Limerick, parents are walking away from rugby due to the dangers of it… Lots of middle class families opting for GAA.

lolzers

GGa vs Rogbbe for the vying for 12th most popular sport for children

1 Like

13th. Rugby and gga have dropped below fidget spinning in the latest rankings.

3 Likes