Munster Rugby - We DID start the fire (Part 1)

Either way, mateā€¦

I learned a long time ago @ciarancareyshurlingarmy - when did I put those skills to use is the question I think you were looking forā€¦ recent enough I suppose.

There is a cost sharing agreement with Northern Ireland executive. All 5 parties in the north have signed up to it

The great selling point for the unfinished Croke Park is it having the ā€œlargest barā€ in Ireland ffs.

On the rare occasion Croke Park is full, the fans are as well oiled as anyone else.

2 Likes

This is the Northern Ireland Executive that is not established

Croke Park is as finished as Landsdowne oops sorry ye sold out the Aviva, The fuckin 10 rows of seats behind the goals.

Incorrect. The UK are putting money up, a bit like how the Queenā€™s shilling is building the GAA one of their stadiums.

1 Like

A covered stand of seats. The GAA have an open terrace and claim that this is a 21st century standard international stadium. Itā€™s good enough for you though apparently, sure you only got floodlights when a couple of international sports demanded it. I still remember all the crowing over that Dublin v Tyrone Match a few years ago, all these lads pointing in amazement at the lights set up.

Iā€™m disgusted that the RWC final will be there.

1 Like

That says

IF AND WHEN IT IS RE-ESTABLISHED

There is no agreement with the UK government.

the GAA only fill Croke Park twice a year for their games, the two All Ireland finals, the only other time it is full is for American football and U2 concerts

2 Likes

Hopefully it wont it will be in Paris or Johannesburg

We still remember all the west brits arriving for a rugby match against England in Croke Park. Fuck me they were still talking about it 10 years later. First decent stadium they played in

1 Like

Three of the five largest and best U.K. Stadiums are rugby football grounds.

We were well used to it mate.

1 Like

you have to laugh at the gga types, the first time the national anthem was sung properly was in Croke Park in 2007 for a rugby game

Great news, we should fleece the bastards for everything we canā€¦

Your national anthem God Save the Queen has only been sung there that time. Amhran na bhFiann is gustly sung at every GAA grounds every week end North and South.

Iā€™ve never heard Amhran na bhFiann sung at anything above a gentle murmur at any inter-county GAA game Iā€™ve ever attended. It always bemused me why people seemed so reticent about singing it .

If London ever got to the All Ireland final there isnā€™t a hope theyā€™d sing GSTQ. They are a backward organisation, the only thing theyā€™ll move for is money, like they did in selling out ordinary members to Sky Sports. And their claim to members was that this would expand the sport into new hearts and minds over on the mainland. Gradually Irish people are copping onto this charade but it will be years before they totally figure it out.

2 Likes

By and large - they are roasters and are very insecure ā€” I belt it out out with pure pride and with tears of pure emotion rolling down my face nearly every time.

2 Likes

Gstk was sung when London won the 1901 hurling final according to a report I read once

Yes. And to get around that issue they got the written and binding committment of all five main partiesā€¦as I said above.

@Tim_Riggins I made the mistake of replying to him too. I didnā€™t realise he was playing to the gallery

1 Like