Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Its possible though. Like yourselves. Its a possibility on a given year

It’s hard to break the big three.

2 Likes

It is now but eventually underage will reflect to senior

Ye are all making my point for me

Ya sorry, just deleted as my anwser was redundant.

Doons year

Didn’t Garryspillane have a couple of brilliant underage players? Tobin and O’Shea? They still playing?

Not yet no but from what I’ve seen they could go ok this year If they get their full strength team on the pitch

I’d say Bruree were the worst team to ever win a Limerick club championship. O’Brien and O’Halloran were decent club players, McDonagh in the twilight of his hurling career. They went on to face Wolf Tones in Munster and got absolutely hockeyed. Lohan and Ger Loughnane’s son were playing for Shannon biys that day.

A man marking 6 in this day and age?! :rofl: Following the 11 who no longer plays in a traditional 11 role all around the pitch?! What kind of a fucking dope of an inter county manager would…

Actually, never mind mate. Carry on.

2 Likes

There was a couple of wicked bad county finals around then. Adare v croom I’d say was one of the most awful.

1 Like

Christ I just looked it up. Adare won three counties v croom, nap and ahane. Between the three of them they managed a total of 16 points in the finals.

1 Like

The Adare Nap game was crazy. Nap got 3 points

I actually don’t remember that all but my auld fella isn’t too fond of adare or nap so it’s possible he didn’t bring me to it.

It’s slightly concerning that the club football championship is probably going to kick off in Limerick for a second year running without the county hurlers. It sets a dangerous precedent for dual club players. They’ll say it’s “only the group” but surely there’s sufficient time to play both between late July and Halloween.

Na Piarsaighs first County Final and they were most certainly not ready for it. They completely froze.

Hannon did wreck.

1 Like

Who said anything about a man marking center back before you stumbled in?

You actually did you dope

3 Likes

To be fair Kilkenny are in Leinster where they’d need to have a disastrous year not to make an All-Ireland quarter-final. On the other hand escaping Munster is an achievement in itself. I also don’t think any of the younger Tipp forwards at present are snipers like Eoin Cody or Billy Drennan. Those are two of the main differences.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 2).