Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Hopefully the 80,000 Limerick diehards all get tickets. Must be some waiting list.

who has that arose? No one ever had a week break before?

Will be one of the great sporting miracles if we can prevail here.

Like all great dynasties, not only will we have to overcome the opposition but the organization itself also. The suits are coming for us.

1 Like

like they did for Clare in 1998?!

Fitzgerald’s red upheld. Set to miss Clare’s opening game in Munster.

I fancy Tipp to turn them over in Ennis

Clare will not qualify from Munster this year.

That’s outrageous tbh. Plenty got off with worse.

They usually lay down a few markers in the league then shrink come late championship. It’s all about timing :ok_hand:

All teams should start the championship with a clean slate.

Except those Limerick cnuts.

10 Likes

It was two strikes to the head. Blatant ban.

1 Like

Any word as to when tickets are going on sale?

Limerick, Tipp and Cork getting out of Munster in that order seems to be what the pundits are saying.

I’m not so sure myself. I think its wide open really.

It’s a bit harsh on Clare tbf. They were at nothing in the league last year either.

They generally play better in Ennis and the two home games against Cork & Tipp definitely help.

And Aidan McCarthy should help their full-forward line. Maybe lack the depth in half-back & midfield that they might need.

2 Likes

Limerick are very flat. Lynch has little hurling done in a year. Gillane is only just back as is Byrnes and M Casey. Flanagan is seriously out of form… They’ll struggle through Munster but get stronger. Tipp to top the group and Cork/Clare/ Limerick fight for the other spots.

2 Likes

Meehan is likely to miss all the championship and Hayes touch and go to be back for it. I don’t think the depth of panel is really there. Probably about 20 lads close to the standard with everyone available but as you say we are light from 5 to 9 and realistically if the likes of Cathal Malone or Conlon struggle for form or get injured we have nobody who can replace what they bring.

From what I have heard they are very much trying to time things for the championship and have very little hurling done and things are ramping up now. It is a high risk strategy. First game will tell a lot as to how the rest of the championship will go.

That Clare v Tipp game first up is massive.

If Clare lose, they’ve Limerick away 6 days later. If Tipp lose, they’ve Cork away next up.

Not fatal to lose your first game but immediately you are under serious pressure.

I’ve a feeling Munster will be a lot tighter this year than previous years under this format when the three teams to qualify has been done and dusted early, with no real last day drama like you had in Leinster in 2019.

1 Like

It’ll be the same as every other year under this ridiculous format.

Two teams (most likely Waterford and the loser of Tipp v Clare) will down tools half way through and we’ll be left with a load of dead rubbers and token gesture fixture fulfilments as always.