Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

UL gave a 4th year online exam in advance to two of the tipp panel on Friday. The exam slot was yesterday.
ICAI has since said they won’t give the exemption for the module.

His shooting has randomly gone to shit after lighting it up in the league.

Pure confidence player. He was unmarkable for large parts of the league but seems to get in his own head when things don’t go his way in Championship. I would have hoped he’d be given a go in the corner and given a chance to burn lads with his pace. He’ll probably be dropped the next day.

1 Like

He lacks confidence at moment.

TBF Barrett’s workrate has improved massively, he was as bad as Horgan/Kingston/Connolly last year.

Has worked as hard as anyone in the gym too. Last year he was being tossed over the line by a palm but is starting to hold his own.

To be fair even Horgan is doing a bit of running this year.

I heard this yesterday too. Not right when students who have a bereavement are asked to repeat the module or something.

But this was always going to crop up when so many games are being squashed into this time period.

The total lack of Tipp support was absolutely iconic and really brought a sense of occasion to proceedings. I’d say Cork outnumbered us 10:1.

The deathly silence when Tipp got some key scores near the end was earily similar to when Dublin play and lose in Croke Park. Sean O’Shea’s late winner last year being a classic of this genre. Cc @Cheasty

One other thing i noted yesterday was a friend of mine caught a sliotar on the City End terrace at one stage and it was a Cummins ball. I dont think these are allowed in Inter County anymore but maybe they’ve given up on the Chipped balls (Greenfields and O’Neills) because they were shit and cracking a lot of hurleys.

2 Likes

To be fair to ye, the Tipp chants were loud enough at times. Poor turn out from ye though.

That was my first Tipp Championship game since the 2019 All Ireland (i was at a League game vs Dublin in Thurles in February 2022) and i couldnt believe how much Tipp people have given up on the whole thing.

The total lack of support and expectation is probably helping the team and management at the moment.

John Kiely says the beatings of Tipp will continue until morale improves

Sure I’ve seen more Tipp games in person myself than that in that time frame :joy:

1 Like

The Tippos are very bad to support their own.

1 Like

We will have a great crowd for Munster final, All Ireland Semi and the final.

3 Likes

They brought a good crowd last night as well

1 Like

Tipp. Are. Back.

CC @myboyblue

1 Like

May need to adjust to the higher quality if it doesn’t change automatically

5 Likes

Era there is no way it was that. Id say out of an attendance of 37,000 or whatever it was 8 or 9k were from Tipp easily. The red is very prominent and stands out more but nearly 30k from Cork is a serious turnout. They have the best support in the country. Considering they havent won in 18 years you could say it is almost an unconditional love for their hurlers.

1 Like

Cork and our hurlers are embroiled in a love affair alright, no doubt about it.

5 Likes

Nothing captures the heart and soul of Cork people like our senior hurling team.

8 Likes