Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

Waterford should have beaten them by 3 or 4 points the first day. Butchered a rake of easy chances.

Think most on here don’t really rate Tipperary, talking down the displays of their opponents in both matches.
I’m comfortable with that.
Cahill has certainly brought workrate and structure to the play.
Half back line is an issue on pace, could see Limerick and Kyle Hayes exploiting that but still looking forward to two weeks time, when Limerick will be looking to beat Tipp in the championship in Thurles for the 1st time in 9 years.
Kill wounded animals.

5 Likes

Yeah its all average this, slow that, lack of talent adjectives being bandied about. I think they are very underrated. Time will tell I suppose.

3 Likes

I for one dont underrate Tipp in the slightest. They are hugely improved on last year and are now more or less through after a win and a draw, were much the better team last night.
I also however dont think its unfair to say that Clare gifted 3 goals in the first match and Cork in my opinion were poor last night.

If I was a Tipp fan I would be very happy but I do think there are potential weaknesses in the backline, and that some of the forwards will need to prove consistency. As you say time will tell

How did the Tipp backs get on?

You can taste the fear among the posts

Much better than your man. I’m consistent on this. He is a liability. Cork are a much team without him.

Limerick never fear Tipp. Even in the days of routinely losing by 20 odd points there was never fear

1 Like

It’s dripping off your post

No fear whatsoever.

You’re terrified they’re back.

Ah I think its great theyre back, I hope we even hear a Tipp Tipp Tipp in Thurles in two weeks if a few of the lads here make the game

They were so good they let Deccie Dalton run the ball into the net from the half way line. Downey was shit yesterday, I would admit that. There isn’t exactly a queue at the moment ready to start ahead of him

Which sub should have replaced him?

He’s had some very good games for Cork, if you don’t rate him that’s fine.
Who are you putting in instead, they tried various players during the league, a number of Cork players underperformed yesterday.

2 Likes

All my good Tipp friends were delighted for us in 2018 in a nice pat on the head kind of way that the traditional powers dole out to us smaller counties. I think its great a few of these friends are taking an interest in hurling again over the last few weeks

3 Likes

Two replies to the same post, @Jayo76 is dripping with fear

NOL ED SOD/DC

TOC CJ GM

TOM an option to come in also.

Thanks for the diagnosis

I hope you feel better soon

1 Like