Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

There is a distinct lack of pace in Tipp defence that Cork went after but didnt fully exploit. However those “slow” players have other attributes such as aerial ability, tackling, general building the play… that help form the patchwork of the Tipp defence.

Equaly I wish you the best in getting over your fears

O Connell is already being targeted on every long puckout and long ball. Now you want to give teams a pick n mix and throw Ger Millerick in for the craic as well. Joyce would want to be the greatest 6 ever to cover them.

1 Like

Millerick, Joyce and Eoin Downey were no better than him last night.
You seem to have a lot invested in your opinion of Rob Downey that you felt the need to come in here gloating today

You’re a very astute judge tbf

1 Like

Ah here. There is no comparison between the two. Joyce is class act and would walk on every team in the country and he only 21/22.

1 Like

You came on here this morning quoting a post from a few days ago because Downey didn’t play well.

Joyce had a poor game, what exactly is your point, because mine was very clear. The management decided to pick Rob Downey for the Waterford match, he played extremely well, it would have been weird and unfair to drop him after that. You have it in your head that I’m a big supporter or something, I dont know why else you’d reply days later

I came in here the the other day stating Downey was a liability regardless of his display against a patethic Waterford. Persisting with him is futile.

My point was proven last night. I came in here then to back up what i said. However you and a few other Cork men continue to be one eyed about him. I’d imagine Clare will target him the next day if he starts. I’d be surprised if Pat Ryan and co persist though.

1 Like

Downey shouldn’t have been anywhere near the team last year. It’s a very poor reflection of where Cork are at that he’s still being started.

1 Like

Millerick was excellent.

1 Like

The manager has to send out a message by cutting the likes of him and pat Horgan.

They’ve had plenty of chances.

You said it was a mistake to start Downey against Tipp, after his performance against Waterford,
Nobody is ever dropped after playing very well. That’s all I said,

I’m not one eyed, he’s obviously limited enough in what he can do, but I guarantee that if he had been MOTM last night I wouldn’t be tagging you

You should know by now if you say anything negative about anyone from cork the wagons circle

2 Likes

Maybe there’s a role for him but its certainly not as a back.

I didn’t think so but I’ll take your word for it.
There was more problems than Rob Downey anyway

Shur Deccie Dalton had a better game Wing Back than Rob did.

:grinning:

4 Likes

:rofl:
Have you any idea in what year did JP start to sponsor Limerick?
By any chance was he the sponsor when Lar and Noel sneered at us in 2009?

JP started sponsoring Limerick around 2004.

The joke in Tipperary at the time was he was giving Limerick Hurling €5m and the Tsunami in Bali €1m because the Limerick hurlers were a far bigger disaster.

4 Likes

Don’t bother your bollox pal. You’ve seen it all week here, Munster is all about Cork and Tipp, the rest dont matter. Little counties like us are an irrelevance.

4 Likes