Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

The Man City of hurling. Ye could dominate for another decade or more.

I know the answer, correct it was 04! I was just wondering would Harry explain how we didnt start winning Liam much earlier and still had Tipp sneering at us and telling us they had great time for us keeping the game going in the county until 2018.
We were a far bigger disaster to be fair!

There waa huge communal respect on show amongst supporters in Pairc Ui Chaoimh yesterday.

Real hurling people who understand the game on both sides.

5 Likes

Id much prefer a Liverpool analogy, :rofl: homegrown talent carefully nurtured through the academy!

It’s great for both counties. Everyone needs a shoulder to cry on .

Limerick’s success has bonded them.

1 Like

Tipp are Liverpool. Great tradition. Hated by everyone else.

Kilkenny are Man Utd. Led by a cranky bastard for years. Past their prime. Long may it last.

3 Likes

I have great time for Tipp!

2 Likes

The much maligned Rob Downey reminds me of how Tipp supporters used to perceive Barry Heffernan or some might still do. Long, gangly, slow, awkward but there must be some reason why he is hanging around and different managers have picked him. He has had good games for Cork. He was by far and away the best of a bad lot against Kilkenny in League semi against Cork. He was probably in top 3 Cork players against Waterford the last day. He played well against Kilkenny in the drawn AI semi in Croke Park back in 2021 frustrating TJ Reid a couple of times with his reach and getting hooks and blocks in although he struggled against Billy Ryan (I think ) in the early going that same day. The first time I saw him was when Cork beat Limerick in league in 2019. He earned his plaudits that day but I remember thinking he was the most unCorklike player I had seen since Michael Cussen. He is a young lad with a bit of dog in him. I certainly wouldnt discard him and you couldnt possibly have dropped him after the Waterford game. As year progresses though he could find himself struggling to keep the starting jersey but he’ll probably retain it against Clare with David Fitzgerald in mind.

6 Likes

You cannot beat tradition.

3 Likes

It’s a pity ye didn’t come down and join in

Huh? Teams have been beating Cork for 18 years solid

2 Likes

Ah stop :joy:

Did you give a knowing nod to every Corkman when you made eye contact, generations of mutual respect

3 Likes

Do you just look at the height of players and compare them that way :grin:

In short, no. I do look at posts and infer that fella is a bit simple though.

1 Like

You may as well be looking into a field of thistles

C’mere buddy. I cant recall you making a single comment on an incident packed game in this thread but somehow got triggered by a comment I made. Rent free as the fella says. Dont let it ruin your Sunday.

That’s true, I was too busy actually going to the game

That’s no excuse.

1 Like