Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2023 (Part 1)

And they talk about Russian interference in the US elections, not a patch on the treaty juggernaut.

What happened to Eibhear Quilligan?

Nothing - he will be back in next week.

Foudy was the form choice, very impressive all year up to this point. But completely shit his togs in the heat of championship. Felt sorry for the lad, could easily have been subbed after 20 minutes today

2 Likes

I have some recollection of Waterford subbing a keeper in a 1st round game vs Limerick in 97 when a few clangers went in.
@Fagan_ODowd or @Thornhill might help.

Unlike the Kilkenny team who done the four in a row Limerick don’t score the goals to end games early. It’s becoming a feature of the team. We aren’t really creating many chances either bar long to gillane which Is the bigger worry.

Not 97 anyway v limerick. Tipp hammered limerick in the munster semi final in 97

1 Like

Kiely doesn’t really trust any of them.

The fact he didn’t make a change until 60 minutes when at least 3 or 4 were well off it says it all.

O’Neill has a big reputation but i think Adam English is and will be a lot better.

Interesting too that they rejigged it a bit with Casey coming on for Hannon rather than trust Colin Coughlan.

An awful day.

When you lose your six it’s a massive blow but to compound that by moving your three out is an error in my opinion. Too much swapping in game.

2 Likes

Cork won’t bate eggs

1 Like

Are there any power rankings after round 1?

Is it grant form filling in time?

You’re being a bit silly on purpose. Morrissey is the recognised back up to Hannon. What would you have done? Cc @BruidheanChaorthainn, that was meant to reply to you.

1 Like

Isn’t it always?

I enjoyed the game today. It wasn’t the prettiest but was intense and a very interesting battle, particularly after the red card.

Limerick weren’t great today but I think Waterford got a lot of their tactics right, in terms of limiting them. They just lost the head tactically again after the red - typical Davy. I don’t know why he thought launching the ball on top of the Limerick backline was a good idea. If they had ran at Limerick from deep, they would have created the chances to win that game.

I was impressed with the way we dug it out though. Every ball was hard fought for, we were struggling to secure possession and get scores but did just enough. When Waterford got 3 points in 2 mins or so with about 8 + injury time to go, it looked as if they’d close the gap.

But the likes of Tom Morrissey really stood up, some player.

6 Likes

Coughlan straight in at centre back.

A player that has only played wing back for Limerick? That’s obviously completely stupid.

8 Likes

Dan is a proven six

Kyle to 6.

It isn’t ideal losing your six but I’d avoid then moving your full back. It’s a lot of swapping and changing imo.

Coughlan isnt a 6 either so bringing him on would have meant more of a rejig than bringing on Mike Casey the defender most unlucky not to start and releasing Dan to 6, a position he has played in as recently as the league final.
Keep seeking out those crumbs and little angles for yourself, seeing as u didnt bother going to see the great victory by your own county.

1 Like