Munster Senior Hurling Championship 2024

Best Friend Australia GIF by MasterChefAU

Very disappointing.

In our darkest days we still showed in numbers.

Fair play to @johnnysachs tho :clap:

3 Likes

Their.

They might not but he oversaw a team which ended the Kilkenny era of dominance in utterly emphatic style, playing sublime hurling.

The following year they went out in their shields in a titanic struggle with Galway which was the effective All-Ireland final and with hindsight looks better and better as one of the all time classic games.

They failed in the 2018 round robin but even then they went out on their shields and were a butt of a post away from mounting another serious All-Ireland challenge. He knew when he was done and walked away, unlike some other inter-county managers.

I’ve always like Ryan’s demeanour and style from the first time I saw him play as a novice corner back in 1991. He struck me as somebody who didn’t have notions, who realised he was lucky to be playing at the level he was at and that he’d damn well try and make the most of it.

2 Likes

I met Johnny on the way out, he was hiding his Tipp hat in his cap :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Lovely chatting with you @johnnysachs, I couldn’t understand a word you were saying tbh but I wish you all the best :rofl:

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/SeanSheehanBA/status/1784687621148381328?t=_E0BAM5nKUhvHnKKo4qzxg&s=19

1 Like

That lads Twitter account is weird as fuck, is he Craic of the ash? MMA head too - fucking hell

No Idea. I only saw that one tweet.

Hm

It was a response to Buffer who rightly agreed it was never a booking.

It was indeed a yellow card. But I’d be wary of Twitter accounts like that chump.

I hated Pat Gilroy as a player. He had a big head on him (physically, not metaphorically) with red cheeks and looked like some posh boy who’d gone to Eton or something. No good could ever come of Pat Gilroy being selected for Dublin.

But I guess people change and in later years he had the head and the voice of a van driver.

I’d have Horan down as a very good manager, but somebody who looked like he had severe depression.

Can’t bate Tipp enough or by enough. Long may it continue

2 Likes

It all goes back to 2009. Tipp never took the foot of the pedal in that semi final. That’s when Kiely said he was getting involved. Took him 9 years to get his shot but Christ had he taken it

3 Likes

Oh how they fucking laughed at us that day, we only felt sorry for the 500 of them that turned up today

4 Likes

In the Kiely era in championship v Tipp W6 D1 L1, we went from 1996 to 2007 in before we beat them on our 9th attempt

yeah, this was madness and they chasing scores, discipline and cop on an issue. Collins the keeper seems keen to come off his goal for a bit of argy bargy

1 Like

And he dead right with the rest of the clowns on the field with him

Cork need to change keeper badly. Thatcouldn’t have been much worse yesterday.

1 Like

A fair portion of these round robins are turning into turkey shoots. There was loads of them in 18 and 19.

Not sure who’s served by tipp being in the Munster championship after that humiliation yesterday. I don’t think one tipp player would make the Limerick side.

Tipp had to face Limerick with a game under their belt away and now face Waterford who had a weeks break. It’s a simply silly system. Just cramming these games in for the sake of it.

I do think cork could cause an issue or two for Limerick. I’d be confident there management are useless but they do have some good players. Still Limerick could send down a B team and still make the Munster final by taking care of Waterford.

Looks like it’ll be between Clare and Limerick to save the hurling summer again. I still think Clare have significant weaknesses at 3 and in goals. Cork walked through them in the first half as well.