Munster SHC 2021

He is writing an opus here

1 Like

You Tipp boys always loved riding locally.

Honda mines, Honda moms!

Grand to come in late from milking the cows to see Iā€™m tagged around 10 times by the Limerick lads.

Seem to be living rent free in some lads heads.

Anyway congrats @iron_mike @Batigol @Thomas_Brady @Your_Mums_Athletic @TreatyStones your boys put on a hell of a show in the second half. A lovely mix of athleticism, filth and hurling that our boys couldnā€™t handle. Worthy 5 point winners in the end. Finn, Hayes and Lynch are great players.

Enjoy the celebrations, Munster titles are to be cherished but donā€™t forget to be right for three weeks time. The serious stuff starts when you hear Takaka Rain blast out on the tannoy in Croke Park. Iā€™m sure John Kiely and Paul Kinnerk will have the players driven demented about the last serious game they played in Croke Park where they couldnā€™t figure out how to beat the worst Kilkenny team in 30 years.

For Tipp, you can only admire the commitment to boom-bust hurling. Played some great stuff in the first 35 but ran out of legs quite early. If the ref does his job, Tipp might have made a better fist of it at 15 v 14 and subsequently 15 v 13 after the assaults on Cathal Barrett and Padraic Maher but theres no point making excuses. These things balance out over the year and Tipp got the breaks against Clare. Hard to see how it can be turned around in 2 weeks but if Tipp do win a quarter final, I think theyā€™ll beat Kilkenny in a Semi.

12 Likes

Pretty sure it was 5 points.

Just to clarify, we won by 5

1 Like

If you only got 10 notifications Iā€™d say check your settings :joy: fellas was queuing up to hop off you. Does one additional summer win make much difference to the Limerick summer hurling index?

Apologies I have edited to reflect this

1 Like

It was as one sided a 5 point beating as youā€™ll see. The game was done and dusted 10 minutes into the second half.

4 Likes

Well well I have to say I was very concerned at half time but these lads are a special breed. Over the moon. Hon Limerick!

2 Likes

http://www.hurlingfacts.com/HTH.aspx

Anyone know what became of this site? Is there similar site that will give you head to head stats?

Iā€™d say youā€™d rather spray the idoine gun into your eyes than watch the Sunday game tonight. Keep driving it into the cunts. :clap:

1 Like

There was an inevitability about it alright but the final score is the final score. The game is played over 70 or 75 mins and as the great Brian Cody says the only score that matters is the full time one.

1 Like

Yerra Iā€™ll watch it the finest. There was some good hurling played in that game today by both sides at different stages.

I just hope we get a quarter final in Croke Park as I think it could be our last chance of playing there for a few years.

I make it in 2 weeks time, thereā€™s the Leinster and Ulster Football finals and 2x Hurling Quarter finals. Hard to know what way theyā€™ll fix them.

Welcome back mate. I knew taking the head off a tipp cunt would bring you back.

I doubt any other half back in the history of the game would have scored the goal Kyle got which is incredible when you think about it.

The likes of Tommy Walsh, jj delaney and those other greats wouldnā€™t even think about trying it.

8 Likes

Seamie Flanagan finished Paudie Maher as an intercounty hurler today. Absolutely cleaned him out, even in the first half when Tipp were on top, best display in a Limerick jersey I saw from Flanagan today

5 Likes

Hayes and Callum Lyons have some amount of goals scored from wing back these past two years.

1 Like

I would have said Calum Lyons goal against Cork last year was similar but then again that was against Cork so youā€™re right, not comparable but he has time

3 Likes

Youā€™re reaching. Alsatian fucker.