National Football League 2015

[QUOTE=“cmontofuck, post: 1129684, member: 2737”]Spillane and Brolly back doing the analysis - summer is near.

They’ve already ensured the Cork wing back, Jamie O’Sullivan, is looking at an 8 week ban for that elbow into Diarmuid Connolly’s chin.[/QUOTE]
A god send for Cork. How he plays inter county is beyond ridiculous. He wouldn’t play anywhere else in the country, nowhere.

Fairly lousy of Connolly to pick him up and drag him outside to clatter again.

Cork are muck

Welcome to 2015

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1129705, member: 367”]on a serious note tho do we have a decent Ulster team team this year?
i presume you can just default to Donegal, but i think they caught dublin cold last year, it wll in its fuck happen again , plus their full back line is a shambles
only kerry can beat dublin, they are the only team with decent forwards…its a fucking shit state of affairs this championship[/QUOTE]

Armagh, Tyrone, Donegal, Monaghan and possibly Derry.

did you get your dads views on the cork game and crowd, it was a greatd advert for the league

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 1129711, member: 1552”]When it’s packed it’s still a great venue.

Anything less than 60% full, though , and it is horrific. Proper tumbleweed territory stuff. The club finals this year was dreadful (as it is most years), it was worse again for the hurling quarter final a week later.

It definitely is over used a lot, some of these Mickey Mouse league comes could be shifted to Tullamore or Portlaoise and there’d be a bit of a buzz around the towns on match days.[/QUOTE]

really , i have been to a shit load of all ireland and its always been dreadful. i guess its because average league crowds are about 1k and championship crowds are about 8k then the majority of fans arent used to going to games so dont create an atmosphere. they just get giddy. also they fucked up big time not finishing it

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1129737, member: 80”]did you get your dads views on the cork game and crowd, it was a greatd advert for the league

really , i have been to a shit load of all ireland and its always been dreadful. i guess its because average league crowds are about 1k and championship crowds are about 8k then the majority of fans arent used to going to games so dont create an atmosphere. they just get giddy. also they fucked up big time not finishing it[/QUOTE]
I agree with your league assessment but average FAI Cup crowds are a long way short of 8k, honey.

Their management team is their biggest problem imo

A loi team would get 50k in the champions league group stages in the aviva, if they got to the CL final they would bring 50k to the final. There aint no bandwagon there

Do you think so? Because of the style of play or some other reason?

were caught out last year because the “full court press” designed to overwhelm teams didn’t work against Donegal and ended up playing with no half back line but if they had taken early goal chances it would have been game over

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1129837, member: 80”]A loi team would get 50k in the champions league group stages
[/QUOTE]
And when can you see this happening mate

Bring Wimbledon to Dublin.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1129840, member: 2272”]Do you think so? Because of the style of play or some other reason?

were caught out last year because the “full court press” designed to overwhelm teams didn’t work against Donegal and ended up playing with no half back line but if they had taken early goal chances it would have been game over[/QUOTE]

no really recognised man marker and a defence that don’t defend as a unit is Dublin’s Achilles heel…

You may laugh, but there are some very shrewd operators such as Jonathan Irwin and the Dublin International Sports Council (DISC) and Diageo behind this plan and I hear from informed sources that “it is definitely going to happen”.

within 18 months

true, its funny how the same lads again this year are handing Dublin the cup. Cork were simply disgraceful yesterday, there was still massive flaws in Dublins defence.

cork didn’t look fit/sharp…maybe they hadn’t really expected to get to league final and are doing heavy training now for later in year?..Dublin might have more men back nowadays but they don’t really know what their job is…

Dublin won that game in 1st gear, you would fear for Cork if they came up against one of the big ulster teams this year

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1129616, member: 183”]

I honestly don’t give a shit whether I attend another Dublin football match this year.[/QUOTE]

and they all laughed at me for choosing the Dame tavern over croker… since about 2012 I couldn’t give a fook if I went to another game…I’ve been twice since 2011 all Ireland final… both times tickets were sourced and got by someone else… otherwise I wouldn’t go out of my way…

I had the same epihany in 96

good to see you on board