National Gaelic Football League 2018

Brexit has seriously damaged it. Monaghan mushrooms have a plant on the mainland as well I believe as they have the uk tesco and lidl contracts

2 Likes

They’ll be ok so. For others without that luxury the margins are too tight to allow for falls in sterling and potential new tarrifs. Also given the shelf life of the product finding new markets is also very difficult.

1 Like

I worked on the food & agri corporate banking portfolio for many years despite being baffled by muldoon ways and businesses. @gilgamboa giving it the “brexit” talk now, even though himself and the risk boys were asleep for over a decade.

3 Likes

OOOOOOffft. Bandage really driving* it home here.

*Metaphorically, obviously. Sure the fella can’t be let drive a shopping trolley.

1 Like

The ginger U21’s are great additions.

That’s a fact.tbh I was worried about them but so far so good…have no idea how a few lads are on the panel though

And ye shitting lies in the credit papers

Carlow preserve their 100% record with a hard fought three point win over Waterford in Fraher Field. Mixed emotions for @Fagan_ODowd.

The emotions being apathy and ennui.

7 Likes

Eh, Monaghan Mushrooms basically bought out most of the Independent growers.

What in that is at odds with anything I said

Brexit hasn’t killed the Irish Industry. It’s all owned by Monaghan Mushrooms

Who said it killed the industry? I said it had seriously damaged it. 80% + of the mushrooms they produce here are sold to the uk. The exchange rate fluctuations cost them a lot of money in 2016. MM also came out the wrong side of a high court case late last year. They have a savage business but its at mercy of a reasonable solution to the border issue now

What was the court case last year in relation to? I masterminded their expansion in Canada and Holland but I’m a few years away from it now.

Few years since id any dealings with them either but the case was to do with one of shareholders selling up a 30% ish stake and a dispute over valuation. Courts eventually placed much higher than expected value on it. Was MM buying back the stake afaik

Think Donegal Creameries were the 30% shareholder. They were silent enough back in the day but they themselves might have been swallowed up by someone else in the meantime. What a fantastic thread deviation.

Could the two mushroom magnates take their inane tales about mushroom farming in Monaghan to PMs

2 Likes

Thats who it was. They were quiet alright. I think they were arguing that they were bullied as a minority shareholder

Wouldnt have thought it would have bothered you what was going on in a GGA thread???

1 Like

Oooooooooooooooft