National Government

That’s a very good article from McWilliams following on from a decent post from KIB Man which in turn followed an excellent post from myself.

There are (very wealthy) people making an awful lot of money from investments in our doomed banks. It’s a shambles.

What a pile of I’m alright jack, steaming shite.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

reminded me of this crap:

link

There is a key point in all of this – a point that simply cannot be dismissed, and something I have thought a good bit about in the run up to these elections.

Leitrim have no TD. They have no representative in Dail Eireann. Just think about that for a minute. Now a Leitrim candidate comes along in the European elections and I am going to vote for him. I don’t care who he represents. I don’t like Fianna Fail but the very fact that this guy represents my area, which is chronically misrepresented on the country and European stage, justifies his support in my eyes.

As for the locals, the guy I am voting for I have known for most of my life. So I am voting for him to get elected. I know him and I know he will do an excellent job. That’s it. He represents Fianna Fail granted but it doesn’t bother me. Should it? Possibly. But it doesn’t.

I don’t buy the party politics thing – never have. I probably shouldn’t vote for a Fianna Fail representative but what I certainly shouldn’t do is vote for a candidate that I know to be inferior on the grounds that he represents another party. On that theme also, I don’t see it justified to vote for a candidate from Donegal or Clare for the simple reason that he does not represent Fianna Fail.

:lol: