National Hurling League 2015

will you cop yourself on, its a fucking puck around in march, why would they be thinking about “experienced”?, the whole concept of a game like this is to give young lads a spin and fellas a break from heavy training

Wait until he manages an All Ireland winning senior hurling side before he gives Davy advice.

Derek McGrath comes across as an alright sort.

He was cute enough to realise he was being led by the OTB boys into comparing himself to Davy and he pointed out that he wasn’t in a position to offer advice to any man who had managed a team to an All Ireland.

Are they playing a defensive system, swarming around ball and counter attacking like the Indo said today or is that too simplistic.

Galway are a big team so will be an interesting challenge for Waterford on Sunday.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1111742, member: 2272”]Are they playing a defensive system, swarming around ball and counter attacking like the Indo said today or is that too simplistic.

Galway are a big team so will be an interesting challenge for Waterford on Sunday.[/QUOTE]
That’s the bare bones of it alright. Hurling catenaccio.

Great test for Galway to show their true rank. Joe Cooney has become one of our most important players and I expect his performance to be central the outcome.

TFK inspires another print media piece

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/the-fogarty-forum-spate-of-hamstring-injuries-expose-flaws-in-hurling-league-make-up-320043.html

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1111787, member: 2272”]TFK inspires another print media piece

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/john-fogarty/the-fogarty-forum-spate-of-hamstring-injuries-expose-flaws-in-hurling-league-make-up-320043.html[/QUOTE]
Why wouldn’t it, sure Sidney = Fogarty

albeit very naive

Meh, old news. I’ve been saying for years that no one is going to Laois games anymore.

Did he say something like the following

My existence while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins medals. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that side-line, you need me on that side-line. We use words like honour, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch-line.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps in a county that has not won an All Ireland Senior Hurling title in a generation , and then questions the manner in which I win it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a hurley, and stand on the white line. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Fagan your wong

1. Anthony Nash (Kanturk)

2. Shane O’Neill (Bishopstown)

3. Damien Cahalane (St. Finbarr’s)

4. William Kearney (Sarsfields)

5. Lorcán McLoughlin (Kanturk)

6. Killian Burke (Midleton)

7. Cormac Murphy (Mallow)

8. Daniel Kearney (Sarsfields)

9. Aidan Walsh (Kanturk)

10. Conor Lehane (Midleton)

11. Seamus Harnedy (St.Ita’s)

12. Rob O’Shea (Carrigaline)

13. Anthony Spillane (Castlelyons)

14. Luke O’Farrell (Midleton)

15. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Subs:

1. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)

2. Conor O’Sullivan (Sarsfields)

3. Brian O’Sullivan (Fermoy)

4. Brian Lawton (Castlemartyr)

5. Andy Walsh (Killeagh)

6. Bill Cooper (Youghal)

7. Jamie Coughlan (Newtownshandrum)

8. Stephen Moylan (Douglas)

9. Paudie O’Sullivan (Cloyne)

10. Darren McCarthy (Ballymartle)

Note: Patrick Cronin, Mark Ellis and Alan Cadogan were not considered due to injury. Stephen McDonnell was not available for selection due to work commitments.

Team Management: Jimmy Barry-Murphy (St. Finbarr’s) - Manager, Mark Landers (Killeagh) - Coach, Johnny Crowley (Bishopstown), Seánie McGrath (Glen Rovers).

What odds are Wexford?

The Galway team v Waterford on Sunday in the NHL Quarter final shows 5 changes from the side that started against Dublin. Colm Callanan, John Hanbury, Iarla Tannian, James Regan and Jason Flynn come in for Aidan Ryan, Fergal Moore, Aidan Harte, Brian Molloy and Niall Burke.

1. Colm Callanan
    2.Johnny Coen 3.Paul Killeen 4.John Hanbury
    5.David Collins6. Greg Lally 7.Gearoid McInerney
  2. Andy Smith 9.Iarlaith Tannian
  3. Joseph Cooney 11.Joe Canning 12.Jonathan Glynn
    13.James Regan 14.Cathal Mannion 15.Jason Flynn

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1113263, member: 686”]The Galway team v Waterford on Sunday in the NHL Quarter final shows 5 changes from the side that started against Dublin. Colm Callanan, John Hanbury, Iarla Tannian, James Regan and Jason Flynn come in for Aidan Ryan, Fergal Moore, Aidan Harte, Brian Molloy and Niall Burke.

1. Colm Callanan
    2.Johnny Coen 3.Paul Killeen 4.John Hanbury
    5.David Collins6. Greg Lally 7.Gearoid McInerney
  2. Andy Smith 9.Iarlaith Tannian
  3. Joseph Cooney 11.Joe Canning 12.Jonathan Glynn
    13.James Regan 14.Cathal Mannion 15.Jason Flynn[/QUOTE]
    They seem set on Canning at 11 :rolleyes:

Derek is far from naïve I can assure you.

Eoin Murphy
Shane Prendergast
Paul Murphy
Joey Holden
Lester Ryan
Kieran Joyce
Cillian Buckley
Joe Lyng
Michael Fennelly
Walter Walsh
TJ Reid
Matthew Ruth
JonJo Farrell
Colin Fennelly
Richie Hogan

All the Shamrocks lads back plus Richie Hogan. Harsh on Kevin Kelly after last weeks performance.

Lester at half back worth a try. Cody possibly treating Kelly like Richie Hogan back in the day.

Galvin starts even tho his hamstring is not right.