National Hurling League 2015

I hope Waterford batter them.

Interesting team selection by Cork primarily due to the full back position. They’re still trying to nail down a reliable full back following Joyce’s season ending injury, O’Neill being much more comfortable in the corner and Cahalane struggling against a few different attackers in the league. I’m not too familiar with Aidan Ryan from Midleton - what age is he?

Lehane moved inside and Cooper returning to the half forward line possibly to match up with Waterford loading the middle third with players? Lehane will probably drift outfield.

No harm to drop Luke O Farrell. He is nothing more than average at I/C level and takes far too much out of the ball when he does get it.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1131699, member: 9”]Interesting team selection by Cork primarily due to the full back position. They’re still trying to nail down a reliable full back following Joyce’s season ending injury, O’Neill being much more comfortable in the corner and Cahalane struggling against a few different attackers in the league. I’m not too familiar with Aidan Ryan from Midleton - what age is he?

Lehane moved inside and Cooper returning to the half forward line possibly to match up with Waterford loading the middle third with players? Lehane will probably drift outfield.[/QUOTE]
Aidan Ryan is about 27/28. Lots of hurling, aggressive but lacking that bit of pace that is required at intercounty level.

I would disagree. Luke is a great focal point at full forward and unlike most of our other forwards he has an eye for goal and will always go for the latter over an easy point.

He is too easily contained and bottled up. Off hand I cannot think of one stand out performance from him in the championship over the 3 or 4 seasons.

A poor mans Shane O’Donnell.

I would say a slicker yet less aggressive Jonjo Farrell if I was comparing him to anyone. Neither are anything but solid hurlers at this level

I actually think O’Farrell is a decent hurler, I’d compare him to O’Donnell in his instinct to go for goal. Hasn’t he been held back by injuries a bit? He doesn’t seem to have gotten a good run of games anyway, I’d think he still has the potential to develop into a dangerous forward at this level, but then I’d be generous like that.

I don’t disagree with this but Cork have too many forwards of a similar ilk. Luke offers something different.

:clap:

In fairness there aren’t many inter county lads less slick or more aggressive

An inability to control the ball with his first touch?

Cork will beat Waterford by 12 points.

that’s rubbish @Turenne
i think he could do with getting stuck in and maybe showing for the ball more but there’s nothing wrong with the man’s stickwork

im going
cork 1 25
waferford 0 19

cork will get a shitty old goal, something like a 65 going all the way to the net
itll be a silly enough old game with the result known with about 10 to go

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1131950, member: 367”]that’s rubbish @Turenne
i think he could do with getting stuck in and maybe showing for the ball more but there’s nothing wrong with the man’s stickwork[/QUOTE]

Watch the game against Dublin Mickee, he needs two touches most of the time to control it. Or Cork/Galway 2012. Or most of the games he starts in. His first touch is by far his biggest problem.

Waterford have a great chance.
Mind you, so do Cork.

The Deise shopping bag was out this morning. :clap:

[ATTACH=full]2753[/ATTACH]

The Wranglers are on :clap:
[ATTACH=full]2754[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1133087, member: 706”]The Wranglers are on :clap:
[ATTACH=full]2754[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Boots, shoes or casual wear?