The NBA Thread

good tough game. i’m eating some amount of shite watching this. two cupcakes, crisps and a big rice crispy square already polished off.

2 Likes

this is bullshit really, without durant this could have been one of the greatest series ever, the settler from the last two. With him its a mockery.

NBA RIP

LeBron moving to Miami started it mate. Blame him.

2 Likes

arguably, but this is the extreme, they are unbeatable

Nonsense.

Lebron moved to an ailing Heat team and he got bullied by Dallas in the Finals his first year, and that was a great series. He made it work in the end but it was always hard work.

Durant played for OKC, the team that had just about been beaten by Golden State in the Eastern Finals last year. So rather than make a Championship team out of Oklahoma he stabs them, and Russel Westbrook in particular, in the back and starts sucking the balls of Curry, Draymont, et al;He’ll get his ring but it’ll be worth only a micro-spec of what it would have had he won it in Oklahoma.

The consequences of all this(bar my little rant here) was that it was a shit season, a shit playoffs and looking like an even shitter Finals, each game more determined to be more mundane and predictable than the last. The NBA is a load of cock right now.
enjoy your ring KD, yawn

1 Like

Stephen Curry reminds me of a younger less black me

no doubt

Bullshit. Fuck OKC, Durant is very much an alright sort.

1 Like

Yep, hard to argue with any of that. Durant has no moral fibre

Durant is a fraud. He wasn’t man enough to lead a team, now he’s paraciting his way through Curry and co. The man lacks balls or anything like them

ps Seattle doesn’t deserve a franchise

1 Like

Utter horseshit.
It wasn’t just Lebron going to Miami, it was the big 3 of James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. He embarrassed himself and the NBA in 2010 with the gaudy announcement of their arrival at the Heat (even though it later emerged they had been planning it for years).
The Warriors are a much loved team as the roster is home grown, their only free agent addition was Iguodala who is hardly a superstar. Durant was courted by 6 teams including OKC, and chose the Warriors, end of. The Celtics sent out Brady to try and sign him ffs.
Your call was Cavs in 7, but now you’ve decided Durant is too good?

1 Like

Durand and the Warriors are not loved anymore. They were 2 years ago but not now.

Was Durant ever loved?

No and after the way he treated Russel Westbrook he never will be

1 Like

He can go back to OKC next season and win a ring with Westbrook, just as Lebron did after shafting Cleveland.
Look, Cleveland could still win, they were behind 2-0 and 3-1 last year.

Because @Lazarus and a couple of other guys think the NBA is dead, I’m assuming the ratings for the finals this year must be abysmal? Durant is so unpopular I’d imagine the last game in particular was unwatched.

You know this already, but highest ratings since Jordan’s last win in 1998.

It wasn’t that, it was started by the dumb as shit obsession with rings which created by ESPN’s turn to a hot take haven. Someone summed it up the other night very well, you have KD joining a ready made super team because nobody wants to be their generations Charles Barkley.

That and the ridiculous cap situation.

2 Likes

He intends on staying in the Bay Area, he’s putting down business roots and his family are very settled. I imagine the upcoming move to SF plays into that too.