Netflix

Brilliant post. You’ve accurately summed up much that is bothersome with this case in a few lines.

Two parents have lost their child, every hour of every day must be fresh torment, and they have to put up with the innuendo and gags :confused:

1 Like

I’ve never been interested in this case … but a lot of folk reckon theirs enough to suggest that the child never went missing and there may have been a mishap with the parents … is that just bullshit?

Yes it’s bullshit, people are weird, the McCanns are an easy target, I think it’s pathetic anyway, you couldn’t even imagine what they’ve been through and continue to do so

I always thought there was a virulent anti Catholic anti Irish strain to the criticism of the McCanns. Also thought that because the pair of them were successful professionals that there was an element who wanted them taken down a peg. That was exacerbated by the fact that they were so media friendly.

It’s no great surprise that anti globalist anti immigration pro Brexit gobdaws like Gemma O Doherty are convinced they did it.

Nah the limited criticism the McCanns got in the mainstream was justified. Leaving children like that is unacceptable.

The “it’s bullshit” line doesn’t wash either. Things like the dogs can not be dismissed. There isn’t enough evidence to say either way and I don’t know how you could be confident of that statement.

One thing I’d think is highly unlikely is a gang of child snatchers.

I caught the end of some radio show that was discussing it recently and they were on about reports of a weirdo in the area around that time … there had been 12/13 reported cases of a man visiting children’s bedrooms - kids waking up to find him there etc. etc - the British foreign office knew about it but never issued a warning etc … That’s about all I caught on it.

Leaving the kids alone as you say is unforgivable … I had heard reports over the years of the McCanns drugging their kids with mild sedatives to make them sleep — any truth in these allegations?

I wonder where that rumour came from??
The McCanns May have made a mistake but a lifetime of innuendo from the edgy brigade is an unfortunate side effect of the way it’s gone now, pathetic

1 Like

Portuguese police are dopes

There were all sorts of “reports”, their veracity is open to question.

I’ve started it yesterday, two episodes in. Quite good alright.

Absolute shite.

I don’t think it is just an edgy brigade. The Portuguese had a pretty clear line of thought on what happened.

Not to say we should believe that automatically or not question their actions, but it isn’t just an “internet thing”.

Yeah we all know what can happen when a police force get “a pretty clear line of thought”

5 Likes

Doff that cap you cunt and believe what you’re told.

Ha

The edgy brigade haven’t a clue, I guarantee you most of them wouldn’t know the first thing about the case, just annoyed and angry,
I do t know if I’ll watch the series, I find it very distressing to think of losing a child in those circumstances, I don’t believe for a second that the McCanns has anything to do with it, the edgy brigade love a scapegoat, especially one like Kate McCann

1 Like

You sound like Gemma O’Doherty now lads, which is ironically who Fagan was calling out earlier.

:grinning:

What do you mean the “edgy parade” though?

It was supposed to be quite prevalent amongst British parents at the time to do it. There was a product on the market that was subsequently banned because of it.