Netflix

They werent checking every 15 mins.

Are you one of these dopes who thinks Netflix is a hobby now?

Donā€™t worry about it, youā€™ve no idea whatā€™s going on.

You felt theyā€™ve been treated very gently, I feel the opposite, I donā€™t think any loving parent who has a child abducted in similar circumstances deserves the innuendo theyā€™ve had to put up with, and disgustingly this childā€™s abduction is often a source of amusement

I would say most families who get kids abducted would be seen as suspects to some extent, and seeing some of the odd behavior of the McCannā€™s its fair enough that some people donā€™t trust them

Over Ā£11m has been spent on trying to solve this case, money is still being spent to this day. Most parents of kidnapped kids donā€™t get the luxury of the case still being worked on 15 years later

Itā€™s not a luxury mate, their child is missing,
I donā€™t think itā€™s fair enough at all that they have to put up with malicious innuendo and being the butt of the edgy crews jokes,

Well over that. I think more than that has been spent by the British police alone, and personally I think the mccanns have treated to Portuguese police with contempt from the start. Supposing it happened in Ireland? Would we be as quick to tolerate the gardai being slurred, and to tolerate the British police coming over and directing the investigation? I donā€™t doubt there was mutual antagonism.
As regards the mccanns, I think some of the newspaper stories were vile, but they were happy to allow vile things to be printed about Robert Murat and his elderly mother without speaking out. I think a pair of working class people would have been treated worse, far worse in truth. Itā€™s the tabloid media, its what they do.

Unrale.

A pair of working class people wouldnā€™t have been treated worse in my opinion because the case wouldā€™ve never became as big as it did become. If they have to deal with a few nasty articles while their childā€™s disappearance is still being investigated 15 years later I think its a more than fair price to pay

Other people might think itā€™s fair game for a man to batter the fuck out of someone who insinuated that you killed your own child and faked her abduction, Iā€™d lean towards that myself.

1 Like

the whole McCann thing is very odd. Firstly, for it to have so much exposure over and above the thousands of other children who go missing. Iā€™m not sure how it garnered so much notoriety nor how it stayed so long in the media. I think what has kept it going though since then is the split between people sympathising with the parents and those who think they are to blame. I also cannot see how it could easily be concluded it was one or the other, there is a huge amount of speculation about the parents and people have every right to query their involvement.

As to leaving their children alone, personally, it wouldnt be something Iā€™d do. I wouldnt do it at home, or in a hotel or some such here, never mind abroad in a hotel complex. Thatā€™s just me though, and Iā€™m sure many more would be the same. Does it mean they are guilty? Absolutely not, nor does it mean they deserve everything they get. Iā€™m sure many more parents do worse without similar circumstances.

But that is only one aspect of it.
Kate McCann started roaring ā€œtheyā€™ve taken herā€. That seems odd to me. Would initial thoughts not think the girl woke up and went looking for her parents?
She didnt answer a heap of questions at the Portuguese police interview. I am not sure why she wouldnt answer them as even as a suspect, answering everything would help locate her child if she was innocent
She washed the childs toy that she went to bed with within a few days of her going missing, surely that would be the first thing given to police for DNA, no matter how sentimental a piece it is
The sniffer dogs used had an alert on the McCanns hire car.
Their whole fundraising company doesnt sit well with me either, considering it has paid for a lot of legal costs for litigation and their own mortgage payments.
Iā€™m not sure about the whole medication thing, apparently it was only calpol that they had. But then the twins slept through the whole activities once it was discovered Madeline was missing. That seems odd.

Iā€™m not saying they are guilty, but there is a huge amount of evidence against them and people are right to be sceptical about them. She could well have been abducted and their parents going through torment and being blamed then. Or they could well be covering up some awful accident. No one really knows.

10 Likes

Very good post. @backinatracksuit is being very naĆÆve. Talking there like they are just two parents who made a mistake. There are legitimate reasons why they have been accused, as you have outlined there

The case of the Lindbergh baby achieved similar notoriety.

Sorry mate, what are the legitimate reasons that they have been accused of killing their own child?? A series of random circumstances the type of which every enquiry will throw up,
I canā€™t get past that these parents have lost their beautiful child in such disturbing circumstances, they made a terrible mistake which contributed and that must haunt them like nothing else, but thereā€™s a sizable minority who actually believe they deserve to be the butt of jokes or the worst kind of innuendo,
There but for the grace of God

1 Like

And the Dingo

Anybody remember this case. Parents were suspected of killing her or covering up brother killing her. Then a paedo confessed this year

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/whatever-happened-to-child-beauty-queen-jonben%C3%A9t-ramsey-1.3035301%3Fmode=amp

https://youtu.be/V3vlrRzzXk8

https://youtu.be/ghCTZF61ey0

Excellent post

As a forum weā€™ve grown up and can now discuss this. It only seems like yesterday when Maddie was hiding somewhere on tfkā€™s pages. But then @Rocko took away the pagesā€¦