New Features

List of new features that have been implemented:

[LIST=1]
[*] New design - bit of a work in progress but the old design doesn’t work with the new features so need to change it a bit still

[*] New user profile page.
Every member now has their own customizable profile page where you can see:
[INDENT]public messages left by other users[/INDENT]
[INDENT]profile of the member[/INDENT]
[INDENT]every member has a public picture album[/INDENT]
[INDENT]members can customize the look of the page[/INDENT]
[INDENT]will be able to embed videos on that page soon[/INDENT]
In other words it does alot of the things that Bebo would do, like leaving messages on eachother’s profile, setting up private networks (social groups), posting your favourite videos, photos etc.

[*]Hover over attached images to see them in a lightbox, instead of having to click on them.

[*]Specify tags at the end of each post for better searching etc.

[*]Rate threads on Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon etc.
[/LIST]

There are a couple more features to be added over the next day or so that need to be sorted out but that’s the guts of the update.
[COVERQUOTES=“Flano”]The best fourm I’ve been on…[/COVERQUOTES]
Any problems with any new features not working properly, or any old features that seem to have been messed up let me know here (other than Live Sport and the Magazine which will take me a while to fix).

Also if you think something can/should be done let me know and I’ll see if I can do it.

Looks good. Doubt there were 87 users on the site yesterday though. Previous record after my eddie o’sullivan exclusive was 28 so must be something up with user count yesterday.

There were that many guests, not registered users. I was on when they were on. Nearly all from the UK.

Do I lose the old pm’s?

You shouldn’t do - did that happen to you/anyone else?

Certainly can’t find them. Where should they be?

Same place as always - top right of the screen under “Log Out”

Yeah, just got them back. There was something about notifications there and I couldn’t access them while It was there.

This whole personal profile thing is great craic. I think I’ll delete my bebo

Is it just me who gets the page with recent posts on it when I try to get on the forum? Then when I click on these threads I go directly to page one and not the most recent page/

Same here…

You’re supposed to be seeing that page. It’s a convenience I thought. Anyway you need to click the right arrow under the last poster’s name to go directly to the last post.

This one:

[quote=“therock67”]You’re supposed to be seeing that page. It’s a convenience I thought. Anyway you need to click the right arrow under the last poster’s name to go directly to the last post.

This one:
http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/images/visionsred/buttons/lastpost.gif[/quote]

I find it a little annoying. Just an opinion.

What do you find annoying? The fact that there’s a page with the latest posts or the fact that you have to click the red arrow to go to the last post?

The fact there is a page with the threads that have recently had posts.

There used to be a feature where you could see by looking at someone’s username to see if they were currently online or not. Was a handy feature and would be nice to have it back ifpossible.

Little green light on the bottom left of your profile shows you’re online larry.

Thanks