New jersey in GAA

I suppose it’s better than the two of them wearing their home colours. It’s amazing that both of these were allowed do that in an all-Ireland final.

Why is it amazing?

In that game you’ll notice that Kerry wore a broader gold hoop, it was never the case in a subsequent jersey iirc.

Because of the obvious colour clash.

Kerry and Mayo have worn their home colours against each other several times - 1996, 1997, 2005 and 2006.

Only Mayo changed colours for the 2004 final. They got smashed and for the 2005 meeting reverted to their home kit, presumably as they thought the away kit brought them bad luck in 2004 - muckmonsters often think this sort of thing.

They were only beaten by 3 in 2005 wearing their “lucky” home kit and continued with it for the 2006 meeting, where they got smashed in a way that made the 2004 final look competitive.

Both teams have changed in all subsequent meetings.

That is not correct. Rule says nothing about a toss. Both teams change.

1 Like

You can toss for it though if you’d like

We’ll never educate them

Galvin has designed the new Kerry jersey.

This should be good

:grinning:

He’ll call it the micko range

1 Like

Will there be a cape involved

1 Like

1 Like

Did imokilly borrow the set of jersies from the local soccer club? A terrible jersey.

Seriously?
I thought it was very nice.

Thats always been their design

Same shirt as Young Ireland’s Gowran

Ya very same

You dont see striped jerseys that often in GAA. The kilkenny style of black and yellow shows up in a few clubs round the country but the only other ones I recall are Ballyboden for blue/white and and old fedamore jersey of green/white.

Middletown in Arnagh have barcode stripes. Inishfails in Dublin have green and black stripes .

Arravale ( Tipperary town ) black & amber stripes.