New jersey in GAA

I think adidas brought them to court and o neils won but they maybe only allowed to sell them in oireland

Long running legal case between them and adidas. They are allowed have the three stripes in Ireland but nowhere else

They needed a collar

1 Like

Galvin is some spoofer

Kerry fans get a first glimpse of the county’s new jersey in this spine-tingling video to mark its launch.

The video shows legendary Kerry manager Mick O’Dwyer handing the number two jersey to Padraig Óg Ó Sé, son of the late, great Paidi, before he runs out onto the field.

Former Kerry footballer-turned-fashionista Paul Galvin, who has had an input into the jersey’s design, described it as “inclusive, rich in storytelling and strong in identity.”

He added: "Inspired by the iconic 1985 Kerry jersey, the deep green and gold base with white trims was essential to re-connecting with Kerry’s identity while also helping to implement part of the County Board’s vision for the future in addressing the issue of number visibility for supporters. The rich color base and re-positioning of the number upwards provides greater definition and visibility of the numbers on the back. The slightly longer sleeves offer points of difference and style.

"We hope that past players will recognise the new jersey as a symbol of respect, that current players will wear it as a symbol of pride and identity and that future players will want to wear it.

It was an honour to work on it”

:grinning:

I made up a set on the O’Neills design your own jersey site too. Can I consider myself a designer as well?

1 Like

O’Neills were able to show they were selling three striped jerseys in Ireland long before Adidas ever set foot here.

Send that to "hot air brigade " in Phoenix and you might win the money to buy it .

Really? Fair play to them so, I’d say Cork’s controversial 1976 adidas kit was the first GAA Jersey with stripes like that? But of course I would think that.

The slogan “Back To Gold” sounds like something from a coffee ad.

A puzzling one, as, like all Kerry home jerseys, it’s mainly green.

Yes really.

Much better these days.

Thats a lovely jersey

Not true

O’Neills got off technically on saying it was 2 stripes.

They sell jerseys all over the world sure including in English rugby and soccer

O Neills claim and won the case stating they do not have 3 stripes but infact have 5 stripes. The fact that the 2 inside stripes often are the exact same colour as the jersey background is coincidental.

Are you 100% on that?

They never use their 3 stripes on club or international soccer kits though. So could be something in the story about not being allowed use it outside of Ireland.

1 Like

Ok that sounds slightly more memorable than mine. I knew the 2 inside was key

Is it London irish they are with?

Might be an international thing so

Not sure what rugby team. Have Harlequins in my head. I know they have Ireland Cricket , Congo international soccer team and Wycombe Wanderers.

It could be that they argued it was 2 stripes on a different coloured background as well you could be right there. It along those lines anyway.

Beautiful font

1 Like

That ‘85 shirt was unrale