New jersey in GAA

The v neck collar makes it look like a school uniform jumper.

A downgrade on the previous sublime effort.

Can’t really do much with the Tipperary jersey because of the Hoop but that looks the finest once again.

I would like an extra bit of white trim but that’s just being picky.

The current O’Neills prototype is not their nicest.

There is a select group of counties who do not have white as one of their traditional colours (ie. Kerry green and gold), but who do wear white shorts.

These are Tipperary, Kerry, Mayo, Kilkenny, Wexford and Meath. Carlow had historically had white shorts too but has that changed recently? Carlow having white shorts is ridiculous.

Anyway, Tipp, Kerry and Mayo have a hoop, Kilkenny have stripes and Wexford have vertical halves. With these counties, I always think a white collar is or would be appropriate.

The best Tipp and Mayo geansaís in my memory have had a white collar, though Mayo actually had a few decent ones there recently without white.

It’s a long time since Kilkenny or Wexford incorporated a white collar but their classic jerseys of the 50s and 60s always had a white collar. Kilkenny’s jersey designs of the last 25 years or so have been consistently unimaginative and generally shite.

1 Like

GAA jerseys should always have collars

1 Like

The little lass wants one. She went in to school today for the jersey day in a Tipp pink training top. She said she needs a Louth jersey as well. She doesn’t want a Limerick jersey .

She was saying “boo Limerick” to my in-laws quite a bit lately when she was in Limerick. I had to publicly tell her not to do it while winking and giving her the thumbs up when everyone else turned around

15 Likes

I just have to say “Up the Black & Amber” and I’m replied to with “Down the Blue and Gold” by my kids :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well trained.

You’d always like to think you are giving your kids the best start in life.

The Tippness is strong in that one.
A word of advice, just keep her away from her Tipp cousins in 15 years time

She has no Tipp cousins. What a weird comment to make in relation to a four-year-old child.

14 Likes

Pretty nasty stuff - would the admins step in here?

https://x.com/oneills1918/status/1717619691609293243?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Derry changing to a red home jersey, an abomination

We’ve a new one out tomorrow ourselves.

The way the red runs into the white middle there, and the black font of Errigal, is all very much like a jersey that would be released for the poppy appeal. Lovely little effort by Derry to appeal to all the community.

Not a bad jersey at all, in fairness.

I thought once they got rid of that prick Gallagher they’d go back to their heritage, but they simply have lost all run of themselves.

1 Like

As I feared,a terrible effort.Fuckin rubbish.

Not great tbf

Ah Jaysus.